Labadee, The best port ever. Pics too...

whitshel

Just booked our OTW Cabana for our cruise in December! So very excited! :-) The pictures of Labadee look amazing!

We've booked one for our New Year's Eve cruise on Celebrity are you on that one? I loved the photos too. Cool. Looking for any advise from past cruisers to that area for Cozumel and Grand Cayman.

Edited by guidance lady
spelling

We've booked one for our New Year's Eve cruise on Celebrity are you on that one? I loved the photos too. Cool. Looking for any advise from past cruisers to that area for Cozumel and Grand Cayman.

No not Celebrity this time. We are booked on RC Liberty of the Seas Dec 16-21. Enjoy your trip!

I know a ton of people like Mister Sancho's beach resort (http://www.mrsanchos.com/mr_sanchos/home.htm), an all-inclusive beach. We live near the beach so I look for other things to do when we're in port. We did an all around the island tour one time with a private company (http://www.toursplaza.com/eng/hiring-driver.cfm), another time we did the Royal Caribbean dune buggy tour to Punta Sur because we love lighthouses and they stopped at the one in the park, and this time we'll be doing a local cooking class at Cozumel Cocina con Alma (http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com/Pages/CozumelCookingClasses.html. We love Cozumel, there are so many options there.

Hi Nely, if you want to chat in person about it I will be glad to talk on

Summit with you:) I have been to both places more times than I can

count.

Cozumel is known for those private beaches.....Mr Sanzhez and Nachi

are 2. Another one is Paradise Beach.

If you hop over to the Cozumel forum you can get alot of information.

Grand Caymen is a tender port....sometimes I just don't get off the ship

anymore.

I know a ton of people like Mister Sancho's beach resort (http://www.mrsanchos.com/mr_sanchos/home.htm), an all-inclusive beach. We live near the beach so I look for other things to do when we're in port. We did an all around the island tour one time with a private company (http://www.toursplaza.com/eng/hiring-driver.cfm), another time we did the Royal Caribbean dune buggy tour to Punta Sur because we love lighthouses and they stopped at the one in the park, and this time we'll be doing a local cooking class at Cozumel Cocina con Alma (http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com/Pages/CozumelCookingClasses.html. We love Cozumel, there are so many options there.

Thanks I'll look into it. Great links. The cooking class sounds really fun is that on your own? I've never been to Cozumel. We tend to do beach things, but have done cooking classes in Rome. The class wasn't great but the woman lived right next door to the coliseum and we went to her rooftop and was looking right at it. It was worth the price of the class in my opinion.

Thanks again and enjoy your trip too.

Nely

Hi Nely, if you want to chat in person about it I will be glad to talk on

Summit with you:) I have been to both places more times than I can

count.

Cozumel is known for those private beaches.....Mr Sanzhez and Nachi

are 2. Another one is Paradise Beach.

If you hop over to the Cozumel forum you can get alot of information.

Grand Caymen is a tender port....sometimes I just don't get off the ship

anymore.

That will be great Lois, talk to you on the Summit next month. I'll check those forums you mentioned.

N

Thanks I'll look into it. Great links. The cooking class sounds really fun is that on your own? I've never been to Cozumel. We tend to do beach things

Nely

Yes the cooking class was booked on-line, on our own. It got great reviews on Trip Advisor. I have heard there is an excursion that has a cooking class on one of the beaches, you get cooking time AND beach time. That might be more fun for you if you are a beachy person. I'm sure I saw it in the list of excursions that the ship offers. The one we're doing is downtown Cozumel.

• 2 weeks later...

We just booked a beach cabana at Nellie's beach. We have two small kids and we want to be close to the beach. How many actual beach cabanas are there? Are #9 and #10 beach cabanas or over water cabanas? Any pictures of beach cabanas? Thanks for the help.

James

Edited by Jmillsarch

We just booked a beach cabana at Nellie's beach. We have two small kids and we want to be close to the beach. How many actual beach cabanas are there? Are #9 and #10 beach cabanas or over water cabanas? Any pictures of beach cabanas? Thanks for the help.

James

Hi James:)....I wish I could remember which cabana # I was in but

I would NOT recommend it. If you stand on the deck you are over

the water but you are not close to it (walk wise).

See if you can get one closer to the actual beach.

We booked a "beach" cabana not an "over the water" cabana. I'm hoping the "beach" cabana will be close to the beach for our kids. The will be 6 and 5.

Both 9 & 10 are over the water.. We had # 9 which was very nice..Shared a ramp right down to the beach.. You can do a search to see photos of the cabanas numbered. If you there there early, you can request the closest one to the water..They will do all they can to make you happy..Tips help also. :)

Just returned from western allure

Dragons breath coaster was damaged Monday before we arrived. Some locals broke in to the area and stole cables from the coaster. So it is now not in service do not know when it will run.

Sea ya

We just got back from our vacation and were lucky enough to get cabana #9. We were originally being brought to cabana # 1 which didn't seem as desirable as the other side where #9 was. My mother in law is not very good with stairs so #9 with the ramp worked well. There also seemed to be more shade where we were.

Labadee turned out to be one of our favorite days due to the cabana and well worth the cost for our family of 6. I will come back and post picture when I am done with the editing.

One thing I will point out, the food area line formed very quickly and there were not many tables and chairs where the food area was. To avoid the line we arrived as soon as the food area opened.

We got off the Allure on the 21 July. We were in cabana 10 on Nellie's which was perfect for us. Our assistant had also put 4 beds in the little sandy spot at the edge of the sea right at the bottom of the ramp so we didn't have anyone near us. I didn't like the buffet much at Barefoot beach and hated the tables and chairs there - not very comfortable and not many of them especially in the shade.

Our cabana assistant Marc was okay but just left us to it once we arrived. He didn't check if we needed drinks and only came by when it was lunch time. He wanted us to walk over to Barefoot and we had to remind him that my sister has a walking disability so needed a golf buggy. He also forgot about it when we were leaving. He was a nice enough chap but not what we expected. We had a good day though in and out of the water. I'll post some pics when I get home - we're in Orlando now for a week.

We just got back from our vacation and were lucky enough to get cabana #9. We were originally being brought to cabana # 1 which didn't seem as desirable as the other side where #9 was. My mother in law is not very good with stairs so #9 with the ramp worked well. There also seemed to be more shade where we were.

Labadee turned out to be one of our favorite days due to the cabana and well worth the cost for our family of 6. I will come back and post picture when I am done with the editing.

One thing I will point out, the food area line formed very quickly and there were not many tables and chairs where the food area was. To avoid the line we arrived as soon as the food area opened.

Hi, I'm glad that the 2nd cabana worked out better for your MIL.

I need to stay out of the direct sun due to a medical condition and need a cabana suggestion with the MOST SHADE. Are you saying that #9 was the one you had with shade? What time of day was the shade along that row of cabanas (#five thru ten)?? I'd like to stay on the outside lounger if possible, but stay in shade. Would #1 have even more shade most of the day? Morning/afternoon?

Anybody able to point out N S E and W perspective on Nellies beach?

Anybody know about the shade issue?

Thanks!

I'm planning to rent one of these on an upcoming cruise and I'm considering bringing my grandmother (75 years old) along.

She more than likely won't want to get into the water, so I'm not concerned about the access to the water. Do the golf cart drivers drop you off right at the back of the cabana? Are there any steps or steep inclines to get into the cabana? I'm really liking #7 and #8 and I'm wondering would she be able to get in and out of the cabana (say, to go to lunch) with ease?

I'm planning to rent one of these on an upcoming cruise and I'm considering bringing my grandmother (75 years old) along.

She more than likely won't want to get into the water, so I'm not concerned about the access to the water. Do the golf cart drivers drop you off right at the back of the cabana? Are there any steps or steep inclines to get into the cabana? I'm really liking #7 and #8 and I'm wondering would she be able to get in and out of the cabana (say, to go to lunch) with ease?

I don't think there were any steps getting into cabana's 7 and 8 from land which was behind the cabana. The golf carts drop you off very close to your cabana so that will not be a problem. The walkway is behind the cabanas in the area you are talking about so the cart will not be able to go exactly behind your cabana but pretty close. The drop off/pick up area seemed to be behind cabana 9 and 10.

The food area was pretty close, but you can get the golf cart to bring you there if necessary, just give plenty of notice when you want to leave to go there. The lunch area line gets very looong fast and there is not a lot of shade or tables and chairs in that area. We were not very impressed with the food area, but this wasn't a big deal for us, we were just expecting it to be nicer.

Hi, I'm glad that the 2nd cabana worked out better for your MIL.

I need to stay out of the direct sun due to a medical condition and need a cabana suggestion with the MOST SHADE. Are you saying that #9 was the one you had with shade? What time of day was the shade along that row of cabanas (#five thru ten)?? I'd like to stay on the outside lounger if possible, but stay in shade. Would #1 have even more shade most of the day? Morning/afternoon?

Anybody able to point out N S E and W perspective on Nellies beach?

Anybody know about the shade issue?

Thanks!

We were there all day and our cabana (9) has one outside lounger that was shady all day. My children and I are all very fair and take medicine which makes us more sensitive to the sun and we were very happy with the shade. Cabana 10 definitely had less shade than ours. 9 (in our opinion) was much nicer and a little more private. We did not like where cabanas 1 - 4 were. The only positive thing I can say was that cabanas 1- 4 were closer to the food area. IMO, cabana 1 seemed a lot less shady then where we ended up. We were supposed to get 1 but immediately knew we didn't want it when we were brought there and were a lot happier with cabana 9. We would choose cabana 9 again. :)

I do want to point out to you and others that the choice of cabanas you get are done on a first come basis, so if you want to have a choice in what cabana you get you should plan to get off the ship early which is what we did.

Also, 9 and 10 are handicapped accessible and if a handicapped person requests a handicapped accessible cabana ahead of time (which can be done my sending an email to the special needs department) 9 and 10 may not be available. I could have requested one ahead of time since we had my mother in law with us, but the cabana was not a big deal for her if she was not able to use it and we took a chance and hoped for the best and got lucky. :)

Having the cabana made life a lot easier for us...we didn't have to worry about finding chairs or shade. We also each got a mat (6) which factored in to our decision to purchase the cabana. For once, having a big family paid off. ;)

Edited by funfamilyof6

I don't think there were any steps getting into cabana's 7 and 8 from land which was behind the cabana. The golf carts drop you off very close to your cabana so that will not be a problem. The walkway is behind the cabanas in the area you are talking about so the cart will not be able to go exactly behind your cabana but pretty close. The drop off/pick up area seemed to be behind cabana 9 and 10.

The food area was pretty close, but you can get the golf cart to bring you there if necessary, just give plenty of notice when you want to leave to go there. The lunch area line gets very looong fast and there is not a lot of shade or tables and chairs in that area. We were not very impressed with the food area, but this wasn't a big deal for us, we were just expecting it to be nicer.

We were there all day and our cabana (9) has one outside lounger that was shady all day. My children and I are all very fair and take medicine which makes us more sensitive to the sun and we were very happy with the shade. Cabana 10 definitely had less shade than ours. 9 (in our opinion) was much nicer and a little more private. We did not like where cabanas 1 - 4 were. The only positive thing I can say was that cabanas 1- 4 were closer to the food area. IMO, cabana 1 seemed a lot less shady then where we ended up. We were supposed to get 1 but immediately knew we didn't want it when we were brought there and were a lot happier with cabana 9. We would choose cabana 9 again. :)

I do want to point out to you and others that the choice of cabanas you get are done on a first come basis, so if you want to have a choice in what cabana you get you should plan to get off the ship early which is what we did.

Also, 9 and 10 are handicapped accessible and if a handicapped person requests a handicapped accessible cabana ahead of time (which can be done my sending an email to the special needs department) 9 and 10 may not be available. I could have requested one ahead of time since we had my mother in law with us, but the cabana was not a big deal for her if she was not able to use it and we took a chance and hoped for the best and got lucky. :)

Having the cabana made life a lot easier for us...we didn't have to worry about finding chairs or shade. We also each got a mat (6) which factored in to our decision to purchase the cabana. For once, having a big family paid off. ;)

Thanks! I'm surprised to hear that #9 only had 1 lounger and not 2. I thought they all had two. My husband I would both like a lounger and it looks like we are hoping for # 9. I'm assuming that we could ask for another lounger to be put in place?

Edited by irisheileen
spelling

Yes, if you get there is there is only one lounge, just ask your cabana boy for another one. He will be glad to get one for you. There were two on #9 when we had #10 rented. Probably the last user removed one. Surprised that it was not put back on the deck. It is interesting to watch the "clean up" that happens as the visitors start going back to the ship All of the cushions are picked up and there is a lot of work that goes on to close down Labadee when the ship leaves.

Yes, if you get there is there is only one lounge, just ask your cabana boy for another one. He will be glad to get one for you. There were two on #9 when we had #10 rented. Probably the last user removed one. Surprised that it was not put back on the deck. It is interesting to watch the "clean up" that happens as the visitors start going back to the ship All of the cushions are picked up and there is a lot of work that goes on to close down Labadee when the ship leaves.

Thanks!

Thanks! I'm surprised to hear that #9 only had 1 lounger and not 2. I thought they all had two. My husband I would both like a lounger and it looks like we are hoping for # 9. I'm assuming that we could ask for another lounger to be put in place?

Just wanted to clear up my post with you and anybody else who might have misunderstood what I posted. Since I was responding to shady/sunny part of your question, what I meant by my post was that one lounger was in a shady spot...the other lounger was positioned in what I would consider a sunny area. This was due to the fact that there were more trees over the lounger in the shadier area. Sorry if my post was misleading, we absolutely did have 2 loungers. :)

Edited by funfamilyof6