Fascination is going to be really late today...

KPfromCT

We're in the La Quinta Jacksonville North with a cruise package, and they are also allowing us to stay until our 7:45pm shuttle. I am amazed at La Quinta's customer service. I'm grateful for Carnival's refunds, and think they are fair. As long as we make it to our first port on time, all will be well.

What I'm worried about is a midnight mandatory muster drill! I have a one year old, and I rarely stay up past 11pm. What do they do about muster drills on late evening sailings?

As of right now, no we will not have to pay another night. We are so pleased with the Jacksonville Plaza Hotel! (free internet too:))

That's Great............

Have a great Cruise.............

My Cruise starts-1/28 & 2/2/2013......

Doing a BTB.............

Sooooooo ready for warm weather...........

I'm so glad to see that Carnival is doing the right thing. It's one of the reasons my next 2 cruises are booked with them! Also really glad to hear that some of the hotels in Jacksonville have also stepped up to help. I haven't decided on a hotel for our pre-cruise stay in July, but the two mentioned in this thread have definitely moved up on my list!

Terri

What I'm worried about is a midnight mandatory muster drill! I have a one year old, and I rarely stay up past 11pm. What do they do about muster drills on late evening sailings?

I'm afraid of that too.. We have a 2 yr old. I'm bringing him in his pjs. Hopefully he'll sleep through it all in his stroller. I don't know when we get our bags, so everything he needs for bedtime is getting carried on.

I should be on the lido with a DOD by now; but I've had flight delays that were a lot longer. So I can suck it up. The bar is losing money off of me. :mad:

My last email was a prorated refund and a $40 OBC. Is it ideal? No but I'm still on vacation. :D

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

We are currently at the Jacksonville Plaza Hotel waiting to board the Fascination. We booked a room/cruise parking package which includes a shuttle to the cruise terminal. We are amazed at how accommodating the Jacksonville Plaza Hotel has been. They are aware of the Fascination's delay and are allowing us to remain in our rooms and they still plan to shuttle us to the terminal. So we are relaxing, resting and will be ready to party once we board our ship! We have received emails from Carnival and feel that they are being fair.
Glad to hear about this hotel, we are staying there on Feb.1st before our Fascination cruise. I also agree with you that Carnival is doing everything it can with the delay. Happy Cruising!:)

I cant wait to see pics of the upgrades that have been done to the ship!!! Almost down to single digits and I need to get out of South Carolina and down to Key West!!! Oh DOD, I will hold you and make you disappear before you know it :D

I have been tracking the ship, my son is cruising it. It was doing 18 knots up the coast and slowed to 10 knots and appears to be just offshore Jacksonville. The late departure I am sure is to allow them time to stock the ship. Should be docked soon though.

[quote name='lyndamr']wdblake which site do you use for tracking or your son?

I used this:
[URL]http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?mmsi=309682000¢erx=-81.23022¢ery=30.32868&zoom=10&type_color=6[/URL][/QUOTE]

the same

Archived