Returning from Reflection : pre-review thoughts

librarylady19

Heading to the FLL airport after a wonderful cruise. Expectations were met or exceeded in all areas. Ship is indeed beautiful, service excellent, food delicious.

The only criticism I have is the addition of the cabanas. As I noted on my comment card, they ruin the integrity of the lawn and views of the sea, and enjoyment of that area. We never saw more than 3 in use.

Back to chilly Chicago. Will be uploading photos and working on my review tomorrow.

Feel free to ask questions. We have a 3 hour wait at the airport!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heading to the FLL airport after a wonderful cruise. Expectations were met or exceeded in all areas. Ship is indeed beautiful, service excellent, food delicious.

The only criticism I have is the addition of the cabanas. As I noted on my comment card, they ruin the integrity of the lawn and views of the sea, and enjoyment of that area. We never saw more than 3 in use.

Back to chilly Chicago. Will be uploading photos and working on my review tomorrow.

Hey Sandi:) welcome back and glad you had such a good time.:D

Did you eat at The Lawn Club for dinner? If so, what did you think?

I LOVE that place!

You booked Silhouette for next year??

I LOVE that place!

Hi Lois,

Thanks!! We are at LCG last night. Loved the ambience and service, food was tasty just a bit plain for my taste. I was spoiled in Blu though.

We booked same week next year on Silhouette.

Looking forward to your review, especially your experience in Aqua Class and Blu.

Will have lots of pics of Blu and food. We loved Aqua and Blu - definitely the way to go!! Blu was not overcrowded when we ate there.

Great to hear your cruise was good!

Hope your flight back home is smooth and easy... it's not too chilly here in Chicagoland at all right now (which is pretty strange to say Chicago and not chilly in January... but that will change by Monday, when our temps will supposedly be in the single digits :( )...

I agree with you on the cabanas. We did the TA on the Silhouette last month and NEVER saw the cabanas being used once, not even after the weather got warmer.

Will be looking forward to your photos and comments on Blu. We really enjoyed Blu last year on the Equinox.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

What means of transportation are you using to get to FLL airport. I think Reflection sails from Miami

Correct. We used SAS Shuttle - highly recommend them. This was our 3rd time using their service and they have always been prompt and reliable. $15 pp.

Welcome home...

Did you use the Persian Garden? if so, how was it compared to the other S class ships?

I knew I liked you for a reason :D We are both Mid-West girls! Rory is from Madison, WI and I'm about 2 hrs north in Stevens Point, WI. We have many friends and family in Naperville and Chicago :)

It's supposed to be -5 here! Take me back to Miami weather... ick!

booked on holland america

but thinking of changing to this cruise

what are the pros???

we love to dance to modern music and I am afraid there will not be this type of music on HA and there will not be much action going on at night

I assume that since I am celebrity board - you all will say the food is better on celebrity

i have been on celebrity before and loved it

just wonder if I am making a mistake by going on HA Niuw Amsterdam

Welcome home...

Did you use the Persian Garden? if so, how was it compared to the other S class ships?

Yes I spent a lovely, relaxing afternoon there just yesterday. It Is twice as big as the other PGs on S class. They had a sauna, 2 steam room and cold room but I mainly enjoyed the loungers. Will post pics in my review.

I knew I liked you for a reason :D We are both Mid-West girls! Rory is from Madison, WI and I'm about 2 hrs north in Stevens Point, WI. We have many friends and family in Naperville and Chicago :)

It's supposed to be -5 here! Take me back to Miami weather... ick!

Hi Demara! Sad I didn't get to meet Rory personally. Did enjoy seeing him play, especially the rock show the first night.

We love Madison!! Attend the Great taste of the MW every year. We live 20 minutes from Naperville.

Hi Demara! Sad I didn't get to meet Rory personally. Did enjoy seeing him play, especially the rock show the first night.

We love Madison!! Attend the Great taste of the MW every year. We live 20 minutes from Naperville.

Rory is planning on graduate school (Music Therapy) at Illinois State in Normal/Bloomington in the Fall, his audition is in three weeks...so we might even be closer to your area if he chooses to go there!

Sad you didn't get to meet him! He was crazy busy this cruise...his whole family (mom, dad, brother, and sister) came to visit! :)

~DaMara

Glad you enjoyed your cruise. We will be sailing on the Reflection shortly and really looking forward to it. Sailed the Silhouette in March of last year and absolutely loved it!!! The crew, the food and the captain were wonderful! We enjoyed Blu so much we never ate in any other restaurant!

Happy Sailing!

librarylady19

Thanks for the SAS shuttle info.

Did you just estimate the time you would be off the ship. Did you self embark.

We did self embark and were off ship and in shuttle by 8 am (had an 11:50 flight). At airport by 8:35 am. Was surprised how many pax opted for self disembark - were hundreds in line at 6:45 am. We just sat in ensemble lounge and waited until the end of the line reached us. Others cut the line :(

Once line started moving it was only 15 minutes till we were off ship and waiting outside for shuttle.

It was nice not to have to pack before dinner but will likely opt for earliest departure without luggage next time.

Sandi,

Is self disembark the new norm for Celebrity?

All the stories I have read about long lines and poor behavior during this process makes me want to avoid it whenever possible.

Sandi,

Is self disembark the new norm for Celebrity?

All the stories I have read about long lines and poor behavior during this process makes me want to avoid it whenever possible.

I only use it if I have an early flight. On reflection is was nice for me. On rccl it was great to for my 930 flight. I think a lot of people are using it just to get off early or it could be a luggage issue of wanting to take it off themselves.

Some ports such at port Everglades for celebrity seems to be painfully slow, more difficult. Miami has it done right. As its been going for Reflection the walk offs have been starting just before 7.

I LOVE that place!

We were on the Reflection 1/5-1/12/13. We ate at the Lawn Club and while it was a really fun experience, we were highly disappointed in the food. I am assuming perhaps that they needed to clean the grill more/better? Everything had a very charred taste to it, sides were as others had posted underwhelming but having said all that it was a fun place to go to.

Wendy

We were on the Reflection 1/5-1/12/13. We ate at the Lawn Club and while it was a really fun experience, we were highly disappointed in the food. I am assuming perhaps that they needed to clean the grill more/better? Everything had a very charred taste to it, sides were as others had posted underwhelming but having said all that it was a fun place to go to.

Wendy

Hi Wendy:) I ate there last month on Reflection and loved it.

Sorry your meal wasn't up to par.

Wendy

My experience exactly. I think food might have been better if they had out some of the rubs or glazes on. None were offered, just some sauces for dipping. I think it's priced too high - $30 would have been more reasonable.

I totally agree. We were very disappointed with the Lawn Club. The food was bland, plain, and for our dinner - very overcooked (steaks). I loved the atmosphere and the casual, fun feel of the place, but the food was not worth $40 each. We can, and do, make much better dinners at home.

My experience exactly. I think food might have been better if they had out some of the rubs or glazes on. None were offered, just some sauces for dipping. I think it's priced too high - $30 would have been more reasonable.

Archived