Supermarket near Circular Quay

There is a Coles on the corner of King and George Street. Lots of nibbles and other supermarket lines. There is also a dearer but closer mini mart directly under the station at Circular Quay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have never taken food on a cruise - it sounds like a good idea. Cheese and bikkies to have with wine. Are you actually allowed to take food onboard?

Yep you can take what you like. We take chips and cashews. You can generally get cheese and bickies from the buffet for your own sail away parties. We always do it. Had a wonderful day with friends in Fiordland on our balcony with our nibblies. :)

I have never taken food on a cruise - it sounds like a good idea. Cheese and bikkies to have with wine. Are you actually allowed to take food onboard?

No problems taking food onboard, taking it off is not allowed.

The crackers in the buffet are generally broken and too fiddly to open in the two-packs. Cheese, olives nuts are 'free' on board. Definitely need a jar of good coffee and other stuff you don't want to waste baggage allowance on.

Thanks for those addresses. I can google them to check distance.

Is there a small supermarket/ grocery store somewhere reasonably close to the I.T. where I can buy my nibbly supplies for a cruise? I have the address in George St for the Liquorland outlet :D.

If you're going there, no need to go anywhere else. Coles is right beside it.

There is a Woolworths in the city directly opposite the town hall from memory. Just grab the free city circle bus that runs from circular quay up into the city and back again. It stops many times on the way. Ask the driver to let you know which stop to get off. We have always found them to be very friendly and helpful.

snip.. Just grab the free city circle bus that runs from circular quay up into the city and back again. snip .

Where can we get on this, what colour or number bus is it please?

Does it run every day (including Easter weekend)?

Sandy in Spain

Where can we get on this, what colour or number bus is it please?

Does it run every day (including Easter weekend)?

Sandy in Spain

It's green and the route number is 555. Only stops at selected stops. You just need to look out for the green info on the timetables.

Archived