Just got back Oasis 1/12/13

rt1092

Day 7 at Sea.

Got invited for a back stage and a galley tour.

At 9pm in the Theater there was an open to the public (no reservations) family comedy show. We were told all new material was to be used. Went to that, and the first comic Kivi Rogers was hillarious. Completely new material family friendly. The second comic forget his name at the moment. Was terrible 90% of his act was word for word what he did in the comedy club. And he wasn't that funny the first time. We would have gotten up and left but we were in the middle seats and didn't want to disrupt others. The audience didn't seem to happy with him judging by the applause

This is one of the 2 things that we did not like.

The other was during debarkation. My mother in law needed a wheel chair to get off the ship. On board they helped us right away, no problems. In the terminal there was someone (RCCL employee) checking customs forms (not a customs agent) We have cruised together over 20 times so I know how to fill out these forms. My wife kept her maiden name. So I fill out one form for her and her mother, and another one for me. We all live in the same house. Well the gestapo told us my mother in law needed one for herself. And the my wife and I would have to go wait in the regular line for customs. Leaving mt MIL by herself. That didn't go over to well with my wife or me. I told him how many cruises we had been on and that we had never had a problem. I actually had to use the Diamond plus status and a threat to call Adam Goldstein. To get us through. We have emailed Mr Goldstein about this employee.

Over all it was a wonderful cruise. We will be on the Oasis again.

DSC01034.jpg

DSC01036-1.jpg

DSC01037-1.jpg

DSC01061-1.jpg

DSC01062.jpg

Could you please tell me if they give you tickets to the show if you have reservations or how they work that. Also for formal night for men would dress pants and dress shirt be acceptable or should husband take a tie.

Thank you

Your reservations are stored as part of your onboard account. As you enter the show venue, they scan your SeaPass card to confirm your reservation.

you have said you made reservation a couple of times. Do you have to make reservations to see shows

It's not mandatory, but highly recommended. There are some shows, like the comedy show, that you have little chance to see without reservations.

Just got back home. Cruise was great 95% excellent. Only 2 things wrong.

Service was Great.

Food was Great.

Ship was Great.

We have been on quite a few cruises so I won't pick one favorite, but the Oasis is in our Top 3 along with the Radiance, and the Monarch.

Will post details tomorrow, just drove 550 miles, so I'm going to bed.

Any cruise that had "only 2 things wrong" is probably a fabulous cruise. :D

How did you get a BOGO for Chops? Was that cause it was the first night?

Diamond Plus and Pinnacle members of C&A have a BOGO coupon for a specialty restaurant that is only good on the first night.

Diamond Plus and Pinnacle members of C&A have a BOGO coupon for a specialty restaurant that is only good on the first night.

That may be the general rule however, we have experienced that on some ships we were allowed to use the BOGO on other nights as well.

Archived