Min Suite

mlogan177

No idea how the inside room works into this, but the difference between the mini-suite and the balcony varies by ship. On the Epic, the mini is several feet longer than the standard balcony, but it's otherwise nearly identical (some rooms have a tub, and if not, a shower big enough for 3).

On the Jewel the size difference is a little more pronounced, I think. It might be only a few feet longer, but you have significantly more room. Magic I guess. :)

The mini-suite does not get suite amenities, like butler and concierge service. I hate that they call them that.

The mini-suite on the SUN has a larger bathroom and bath tub as well as having the curtain to separate the bed from the sofa area.

If your budget allows it, go for the mini, you'll have extra space. If you would rather spend on excursions go for the inside! I'm a budget conscious traveler sp my wallet is the determining factor. ;)

The mini-suite does not get suite amenities, like butler and concierge service. I hate that they call them that.

Agreed! The name is deceiving to those unfamiliar with NCL. Perhaps they should rename the mini's as "Deluxe Balcony's" as opposed to "Standard Balcony's", or simply "Balcony"?

we just had a family mini suite on the EPIC. The extra space mattered to us as this was our first experience not in an actual suite with suite amenities.

That little bit of extra sq footage to us was worth it.

The balcony was a great size with two chairs and two small tables but easy could have fit 2 loungers

We had the tub option so a nice sized shower

So all mini suites on the EPIC have tubs?

I liked this due to the size as showers in reg cabins are often joked about as being teeny tiny. This was a great shower/ tub combo!

We loved ours! It was just two of us, my sister and I, so we really don't require much room to begin with but hey, we got an upgrade so we'll take it.

That being said, we're going back to just a regular ole' balcony on our next cruise.

I lived in studio apartments for much of my young, urban life so I'm used to small spaces! I'd be just as happy with an inside cabin, but I do really enjoy balconies.

Oh, our mini suite was one that did NOT have a tub.

Agreed! The name is deceiving to those unfamiliar with NCL. Perhaps they should rename the mini's as "Deluxe Balcony's" as opposed to "Standard Balcony's", or simply "Balcony"?

When the Epic came out those were deluxe balconies and they changed the name later:confused:

Our first NCL cruise was on the Dawn in 2005 in a minisuite. Back then the minisuites did get concierge service included, although I don't believe we used it at all. We have had 2 minisuites, and both had a bath tub and nice dressing areas in bathroom. The couch is bigger in the minisuite also.

Here are some pictures of my mini-suite on the SUN......http://s1118.beta.photobucket.com/user/Doughboy139/library/NCL%20Sun%20Mini-Suite%201210

Thanks for posting! Brought back great memories of our Panama Canal cruise in a Sun mini. In those days you got concierge service and an upgraded room service menu.

Archived