News from the Death Star: Nice weather and a weird rumor on the Monarch

And will you be one of those that leaves early and carries off their own stuff?

We are on the Monarch 2/18 and 2/22 B2B, as well as the final 3/29. We will measure the furniture in Bolero's to make sure it fits our airline regs to fly home.

Back to packing for NV from NOLA this Saturday. GO RAVENS!!!

Rick and Deirdra

rick and Deirdra..........really miss you two, and will miss you again while you are onboard the MN saying goodbye!

I have taken on a couple of jobs that will be finished by April 10th, and we leave on the 16th for FLL and then on to the Vision for a TA. We will be gone for almost 2 months! Long story short........we will be exploring more of Europe! Miss you two!!

Rick

• 5 weeks later...
This rumor appears to be a true rumor.

Check out the link below to another thread where the Carnival Fascination had a itinerary change and is going to "Little Stir up cay" Aka "Coco Cay".

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=37240074&postcount=13

Awe! Guess that means that if you miss it on your day, there's no chance of catching it on the Sea day, huh?

Might even consider Fascination now... It's a little closer to home.

Awe! Guess that means that if you miss it on your day, there's no chance of catching it on the Sea day, huh?

Might even consider Fascination now... It's a little closer to home.

Coco Cay is beautiful, I like it much better than Half Moon Cay! Can't wait to go back to Coco Cay later this summer via the Enchantment of the seas.

If you go to Carnival.com though its not showing "Little stir up cay" for Fascination sailings as of yet, so they must still be keeping it on the down low.

Hello everyone. It's been a pretty nice weekend here on the Monarch. I'll be posting up a few pics and a brief review when I get home. I'm posting this now to share an odd rumor I heard today from one of the other cruisers.

I was having a conversation with one of the folks that practically resides onboard the Monarch. He told me that RCI has inked a deal with Carnival Corp. to lease out Coco Cay for CCL (and other lines under their enormous umbrella) to use on the days when an RCI ship is not there.

Of course I tried to run a search of the CC boards, but it's malfunctioning as usual. Google didn't reveal anything either. Has anyone heard about this? Seems odd to me that mortal enemies would share a private island like that. But I supose stranger things have happened.

Cheers for now.

This thread is an interesting example of how customers and Cruise Critic posters think they know more than a corporation.

If this were the case where RCCL does not have enough ships to visit Coco Cay, then why visit Nassau? They could instead save the passengers a port fee, have a day at Coco Cay (which IMO is 100% nicer) and pocket all the money to their own company.

Doesn't add up and I can not imagine RCCL needing CCl's money.....

RCI does a standard Bahama fee for the Nassau/Coco cay sailings. Again, this includes Coco cay even though they only tender. This was explained to me recently by RCI staff who responded to a question about refunding Nassau port charges when we didn't stop. Do I think that is fair,, no, but it is what it is.

I hate Nassau and wish the 2 or 3 nighters would only stop at coco cay instead of just nassau.

This thread is an interesting example of how customers and Cruise Critic posters think they know more than a corporation.

The information I get on here is incredible. We may not know more than the corporations, but with so many eyes and ears out there, it seems that we are able to know more than the average public, so that's valuable.

The information I get on here is incredible. We may not know more than the corporations, but with so many eyes and ears out there, it seems that we are able to know more than the average public, so that's valuable.

Exactly. That's why I wonder why the OP was "questioned" with his opening post. Rumors usually turn out to be anything but. And posted here first!

Exactly. That's why I wonder why the OP was "questioned" with his opening post. Rumors usually turn out to be anything but. And posted here first!

I must have missed that this thread got resurrected. I'm just happy that I finally got the scoop on something. Usually I'm the one who's late to the party, finally catching a hot news/rumor thread by the time it's on Page 7. ;):D

Just back from MN yesterday. According to RCL officials on the island, CCL will be at Coco Cay about 30 times a year. MSC will visit just a very few times a year. Seems to be a good $$$ deal for RCL. No RCL ships will be there when other companies visit.

If anyone has ever noticed, all the signs on the island say "Coco Cay", and we've never seen any evidence of "RCL" posted. This has may have been planned for quite a while.

Rick and Deirdra

Archived