Best steak in the steakhouse?

Frank12

I have not done the steakhouse in a while but have reservations for our next cruise. I used to get the Porterhouse but it is no longer on the menu.

For those who have had both, I ask which is better....the Cowboy steak or the Spice Rubbed Ribeye?

Five spice dry rub (prime) boneless ribeye. About 8 out of 10 of those I've ordered have been excellent. A couple times I got one which had an inordinate amount of gristle. It's more flavorful, but obviously not as tender as the filet (a few of those could be cut with a fork).

I enjoy my filet RARE (and my hamburgers :D), though I order the ribeye "M-Rare to Medium". That way it usually comes out a perfect M-Rare. Not a cut to enjoy rare, IMHO.

Tom

I went to the Steakhouse on the Liberty for my Thanksgiving Cruise and my DH had the ribeye and even though he said it was good, it did have a lot of gristle. I had the Surf & Turf and the filet was excellent but as I was eating, I saw the whole filet go by on a plate and OMG, did it look huge and delicious. Next time, no 1/2 lobster tail for me. I'm getting the whole filet :)

Archived