Does NCL Star have a "quiet zone"?

jasbo49

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but the search function seems to be out to lunch.

Do NCL ships have a quiet area similar to Carnival's Serenity? I don't particularly care whether it's no-kids or just "let's keep it down." It's the Star in particular that I'm wondering about, but I'm curious about the whole line.

The only NCL ship I've been on was the Jewel to Alaska, and pretty much no one was outside, so it didn't come into play.

I'm also curious what the unnamed space is at the bow area on Deck 11 of the Star. There are suites up front on 10 and 12, but just a big blank area on 11. Thanks.

Jim

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but the search function seems to be out to lunch.

Do NCL ships have a quiet area similar to Carnival's Serenity? I don't particularly care whether it's no-kids or just "let's keep it down." It's the Star in particular that I'm wondering about, but I'm curious about the whole line.

The only NCL ship I've been on was the Jewel to Alaska, and pretty much no one was outside, so it didn't come into play.

I'm also curious what the unnamed space is at the bow area on Deck 11 of the Star. There are suites up front on 10 and 12, but just a big blank area on 11. Thanks.

Jim

If you're looking for exterior quiet zones to sit out and sleep or read a book then I think the best place might be the sun deck area on deck 13 at the front of the ship. It's actually about 3 tiers of lounge chair area and one hot tub. It's not officially a quiet zone that I recall, but it was probably the quietest location we found. It was all adults there when I cruised, but again, I don't think that was officially a rule or anything. I could be wrong.

Also, I believe the area on Deck 11 that you ask about is the Bridge of the ship and probably a few crew offices and/or cabins.

The blank space you see on Deck 11 is the Bridge and the Officers' Quarters.

There is indeed a designated "Quiet Zone" on the Star. It is the bow area of the ship and access is gained on Deck 13 Port or Starboard. It's a beautiful area that is terraced, has an abundant supply of very nice loungers as well as a large hot tub. There are signs as you enter which designate it a "Quiet Zone."

It's a wonderful place during the day, and an excellent spot to stargaze at night. ;)

Inside the library is quiet - Deck 12 in front of the pools. By the main pools are 4 hot tubs. IIRC, 2 are for adults although that doesn't mean they won't be full. Lastly, the kids aft pool section can sometimes be very quiet depending on when you are going (i.e. not many kids) or at certain times of the day.

Archived