need help picking

mlogan177

Breakaway is a 7-day cruise, Gem is 9. Thus, the Gem is "cheaper" per day. If the itinerary doesn't matter, I guess the next question would be whether you prefer a longer or shorter cruise.

It's a tough call. I prefer a more port intense cruise but would like the flashy, new ship. Hey, I'm a guy! :p You on the other hand, may not care as long as you're on a cruise.

Decisions, decisions. Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

The Breakaway is a flashy ship with different attractions,but take a look at the oceanview rooms,the picture window is high up,can't see view from the bed and looks like the seating is the desk chair only. This is for 7 days $1,200 plus tax. The Gem is 9 days,large picture window,can sit on bed and have a view,Gem,for better ports & 2 extra days at a good price. I'm waiting for a lower price on Breakaway,my deciding thing will be price,low is great

Something to think about is the impact on your vacation days, if applicable. We looked at this cruise and we decided against it due to the amount of vacation DH would use. Since we go up the day before we would've used almost 2 weeks of vacation. DH only gets two and I get three.

We were booked on the Gem for March, but switched to the Breakaway in November. We paid about the same for the Breakaway (balcony 7 night) and the Gem (oceanview 9 night).

We're looking forward to exploring a new ship!

Archived