Reduit Beach

S.P.Q.R./Morunt

Does anyone have any info on taxi fare/tours/beach quality/snorkeling etc. for Reduit Beach?

We will be on cruise docking at Castries Pier.:confused:

It's a big (long) beautiful beach with many activities and facilities. Bars, restaurants, all sorts of watersports. The day I spent there the waves got unusually huge as the day went on so I didn't even try snorkeling.

I did snorkel at Pigeon Island on a different trip and that was good. We stopped there on a kayaking excursion.

I took a taxi from the ship and honestly cannot remember the cost. I just remember it was much less than the cost to go back to Pigeon Island and I was being cheap. :eek: I wasn't disappointed though, it was a great day. If you are looking for a quiet beach, this isn't it.

Cruise2101.jpg?t=1296059135

Cruise2096.jpg?t=1296059145

Cruise2088.jpg?t=1296059232

Does anyone have any info on taxi fare/tours/beach quality/snorkeling etc. for Reduit Beach?

We will be on cruise docking at Castries Pier.:confused:

There is no snorkeling at Reduit Beach - it is a sand bottom swimming beach (most of the time!) As anywhere, depending on sea conditions, storms, etc, the sea can be rough, as in the pictures!, but normally it is a quite calm swimming beach.

It is a $30US taxi ride one way and the taxi will let you off at Spnnakers, a great beach bar and restaurant. There are chairs/umbrellas for rent form vendors on the beach and watersports are also available for hire from the guys on the beach. Taxis are readily available for your return or you can arrange with the one who brings you to take you back.

Allow around 25-30 minutes to get there, but allow at least 45 minutes for return, as tours, taxis, etc are all returning at the same time - and there is only one highway! Do leave yourself plenty of time to get back.

Enjoy.

We went to reduit beach on Christmas Day. We shared a taxi with other people that we had not previously met. Taxi for my party of 3 cost $42 return trip. We were told by the person coordinating the taxi that as a group we needed to agree a return time which thankfully we managed easily. We paid $30 for 3 loungers and 2 umbrellas's. The beach was lovely but water was a bit rough on that day and my son cut his foot on a rock.

We were at this beach in St. Lucia on our cruise 2 weeks ago. We have been before but don't plan on returning.

We have found that the vendors running upland down the beach all day long is incredibly grating on the nerves. It seems like someone was selling something every 3 minutes. We didn't even get sat down n our beach chairs before being approached by 2 vendors, whom I sent away, after telling them for the third time that we just got there and wanted to get our towels laid out.

Ladies will go up and down selling various bottles of booze and water all day long, continually walking by and telling you the price. By the end of the day, I was pretty much repeating it in my sleep.

This was the first year that the waves were not huge while we were there. Most other years when we have went, always in January, the waves looked like the photos above.

Just a note on the traffic: on the way there, the police were doing some sort of insurance and license inspections. We were in traffic nearly an hour... On the way back, closer to 45 minutes as there was a oil spill on the road. Do give yourself plenty of time...

i would echo casagirl's observations on this one

It is a beautiful beach and if you walk further down away form the hotel complex at the start then you will get nore peace and freedom.

the vendors, hawkers and such on the beach were terrible imo it was worse than time share touts in tenerife :(

the beach was great but it was all about money and i even got a "row" for swimming too far out from the vendors who wanted to sail up and down the swimming area trying to sell fruit.

Even the drive to it you don't get to see ANY of the island a highway some house and a cemetery, thats as exciting as it gets

Archived