Carnival to add a Lazy River?

Mizzouaholic

Here's an idea. I think Carnival should build a ship that could incorporate a lazy river that went around one of the upper decks of the ship. You could float around and relax while the small current whisks you around the deck of the ship! They could even add a few small hills and then even add one of those conveyor belts that take you back to the top to start all over again so that you could float in a continuos circle!

I know this probably isnt possible, but dang it, make it possible! :D

Here's an idea. I think Carnival should build a ship that could incorporate a lazy river that went around one of the upper decks of the ship. You could float around and relax while the small current whisks you around the deck of the ship! They could even add a few small hills and then even add one of those conveyor belts that take you back to the top to start all over again so that you could float in a continuos circle!

I know this probably isnt possible, but dang it, make it possible! :D

Where's the profit? :confused: In order for an idea to gain traction at Carnival Corporate, one must think like a Ferengi. :rolleyes:

Carnival decks are too crowded as it is, and besides it would take up too much potential revenue producing space! LOL

This is something you are more likely to find on Royal Caribbean. They are generally the innovators when it comes to ship design.

The Aqua-Duck water coaster on the DISNEY FANTASY and DISNEY DREAM started out as a lazy river idea and morphed into what we have today.

. . . The Aqua-Duck water coaster on the DISNEY FANTASY and DISNEY DREAM started out as a lazy river idea and morphed into what we have today.

That original design for the first onboard water coaster (on Disney Dream) was exactly what you see today. Based off the popular attraction Crush 'n' Gusher, which opened at Typhoon Lagoon in 2005. Patrick and his team were tasked with finding a way to bring that to life for the ship, which would be launched in 2012.

I'm glad it worked . . . as it is highly popular with a multitude of ages onboard. :)

Also, the 'twist donut' design of the Carnival Pinnacle project on the earlier-mentioned concept video is physically impossible.

Archived