Carnival to add a Lazy River?

Mizzouaholic

They have a proto type ship with a lazy river that they vever developed. Go to you tube and search Carnival Pinnacle. It shows the lazy river.

John Heald recently had a question regarding the Pinnacle - he said that ship would be released in 2016 (said that it would be the largest ship in their fleet). So who knows.

A lazy river would be awesome, I would have a new hang out spot.

Here's an idea. I think Carnival should build a ship that could incorporate a lazy river that went around one of the upper decks of the ship. You could float around and relax while the small current whisks you around the deck of the ship! They could even add a few small hills and then even add one of those conveyor belts that take you back to the top to start all over again so that you could float in a continuos circle!

I know this probably isnt possible, but dang it, make it possible! :D

Love lazy rivers...that'd be cool! great idea...:):)

They can add some swim up bars in it! There's your profit!

The Destiny had a swim up bar when she was first built. They took it out because it made the pool too crowded. Everybody was standing in front of the bar and nobody could use the pool for swimming.

Imagine the pitching and yawing and the effect on that water. And then having to empty and fill during accidents.

Not to mention the weight.

I just wish they'd make the pools larger.

I can see it now...a log jam of inner tubes. :(

That original design for the first onboard water coaster (on Disney Dream) was exactly what you see today. Based off the popular attraction Crush 'n' Gusher, which opened at Typhoon Lagoon in 2005. Patrick and his team were tasked with finding a way to bring that to life for the ship, which would be launched in 2012.

There is a very interesting program I watched while sailing last month on the DISNEY DREAM. It was called "building the Dream" or something to that effect. In any case some of the "imagineers" are interviewed and speak about how originally they envisioned a lazy river type attraction on the new Disney ship. Eventually that idea morphed into the full-scale Aquaduck we see today, and yes it is based off the attraction at Typhoon Lagoon. It's also interesting to note the Aquaduck does use lazy river technology along with water coaster technology.

It's not uncommon for for features on the Disney ships to be used in the parks and vice versa. The Midship Detective Agency is a good example. A similar attraction is featured in the parks on a larger scale.

Archived