Birthdays

ckl001

Hi,

I know this has proberly been answered before but what if anything does Celebrity do on birthdays.

Do they have cake and or balloons on cabin doors?

Also what happens if day 1 (sailaway) is your birthday?

Chez

You can purchase celebration packages that include room decorations, but they are kind of pricey. You could also purchase a cake - but I would only recommend doing this if you know the person celebrating the birthday would prefer cake over the free options already on the menu in the dining room - probably for about the same cost you could do a special meal in a specialty restaurant. If you inform your waiter, head waiter or maitre'd they might be able to put a candle in whatever dessert the person orders (for no charge) and/or have some of the waitstaff sing happy birthday (again make sure the person celebrating would like this - many people either would be embarrassed and/or find it tacky, but others enjoy such a spectacle). Another option is to purchase some decorations at a party store at home and set them up in your room when the person celebrating is out and about; saves a lot of money and enables you to make it more personal.

Thanks for the information everyone. It is actually myself that has the birthday so no need to keep it a secret.....but if I have a few birthday drinks I may forget and it could be a suprise then....:D

Chez

They will bring you a little birthday cake with a candle, without charge, and the waiters etc., will sing Happy Bursday.

On every cruise I've ever been on there must be at least 200 birthdays celebrated in the MDR every week. I always find it hard to believe that that many people plan their cruises around their birthday's or they just like hearing the waiter's butcher the Birthday Song.

J.

Do they pick up from your reservation that its your birthday or do you need to tell them. Not sure if I would find the waiters singing tacky, but might be disappointed if there was no acknowledgment. My DH won't even think about telling them!

My dad celebrated his birthday while we were just on the Millennium. For the day of his birthday we were overnighting in Bali so we knew we wouldn't be in the dining room for dinner. As we didn't dock in Bali until 1pm we spoke to the Maitre D and we were able to collect a cake from the MDR before lunch and we had it with coffees and a champagne at Cafe Al Bacio before we left the ship... very simple to organise and very nice, plus we didn't miss out on any of the nice desserts at dinner time :D.

Archived