What is Silversea's smoking policy?

60andhappy

We are looking at a Silversea cruise for the first time. Do they have a good policy limiting smoking? Can one smoke on balconys? Both my husband and I are sensitive to smoke so it is a prime consideration when choosing a cruiseline.

Thanks

From the Silverseas website -

"2013 Smoking Policy

In consideration of evolving consumer trends, and to further promote a safe, comfortable and enjoyable environment for all Silversea guests, staff and crew, an updated smoking policy will go into effect for voyages departing after 1 January 2013.

Smoking is not allowed in most areas of Silversea ships, including:

• Guest suites and guest suite verandas (including suites, staterooms, verandas and balconies on Silver Explorer)
  • The Bar (main bar)
  • Pool Bar (except at specifically designated tables)

Cigarette, cigar and pipe smoking is permitted in the following areas:

The Connoisseur’s Corner and in specifically designated outside areas. These areas include designated tables outside of the Panorama Lounge, La Terrazza and the Pool Bar, as well as on open Decks 9 and 10 aboard Silver Spirit, Silver Whisper and Silver Shadow, open Deck 9 aboard Silver Cloud and Silver Wind, and open Deck 6 aboard Silver Explorer. Silversea kindly requests that guests observe the non-smoking areas. "

Was there some reason you could not look at it yourself on there website like everyone else does?

Or even do a search here, where there are so many smoking threads you can not miss them even if you tried.

its not rocket science!

With all due respect Jaffa, one of the great qualities I find within this Silversea forum on Cruise Critic is the general camaraderie among and between the various contributors. And, while I can certainly sense your frustration with 60andhappy's failure to find her own answer without creating a separate topic, I'd encourage you to be helpful in your future responses in a fashion similar to rojaan19.

While the insights to the answer 60andhappy's was seeking is readily available on the web, I think we'd all admit that the search functionality within CruiseCritic leaves much to be desired, let alone that of the Silversea website. Therefore, I'd argue, we shouldn't berate someone who is seeking context within a relatively straight forward subject, regardless of how simple we may consider the answer to be. Because, in the end, while we may all have differing opinions, we all certainly deserve to be treated with respect and civility.

Best wishes to you and I look forward to your continued contributions to the Silversea forum.

It looks like Jaffa was having a "bad hair day" Be friendly please!!!

Poor Jaffa - more like a wet hair day ! - Townsville is currently having record rain fall due to Cyclone Oscar, so things are a bit wet up there.

As to the Silverseas website - the smoking policy is a bit hard to find.

It is under " Why Silversea " then "New to Cruising" then " General Information " :D

Archived