Are all these items really included in your room?

texasnana

Just ask and they will bring a new one. Ours didn't work when we had the deluxe suite on the Zuiderdam to Alaska and as I stood there with my hair dripping wet the cabin steward said he would get a new one later in the day. I insisted on one right away so I could appear in public without looking like Godzilla. He had one for me in less than five minutes.

I have asked several times and have gotten a new hair dryer.

On the Zaandam, I know they (all the veranda cabins) were whirlpool. Never used ours, though.

As for the shampoo - I think it really stripped my hair. I brought my own conditioner, but it wasn't enough for two weeks, so did use some of theirs. I have fine, oily hair - and still it was way too wimpy. Nothing word ending, lol, but I was hoping for better.

Beds - meh. Ours was kinda odd in that the two smaller beds seemed to either be in different states of age/abuse, or different softness. My side kinda sank and made the lip between the two beds worse. Other than that, they were fine. The bedding seemed about normal to me - on par with what we get at, say, a Holiday Inn. All of it was MUCH better than Carnival - although all in all we really enjoyed our Carnival trip as well.

We had a hair dryer that could plug in to the European outlet on the desk and it worked just fine. There was also a really odd looking hair dryer in the bathroom..... what is that thing???

djhsolara was asking about the regular verandah cabins for the Eurodam and Zuiderdam. They are the Signature and Vista class ships. Zaandam is an R class ships.

On the Zaandam all verandah cabins do have the whirlpool tubs.

But on the Vista and Signature class ships - the regular verandah cabins on the Verandah Deck do not have the whirlpool tubs.

Check Joanie's pictures for the various classes and various cabin categories.

djhsolara was asking about the regular verandah cabins for the Eurodam and Zuiderdam. They are the Signature and Vista class ships. Zaandam is an R class ships.

On the Zaandam all verandah cabins do have the whirlpool tubs.

But on the Vista and Signature class ships - the regular verandah cabins on the Verandah Deck do not have the whirlpool tubs.

Check Joanie's pictures for the various classes and various cabin categories.

Ooops! gotcha, sorry!

We listed apples and bananas and those were put in the basket daily.

Maybe your steward needed a reminder?

After asking for additional ice three different times, and him never leaving any in our cabin, it didn't surprise me not to have the fruit replenished.

Besides, it's not like they starve you on the ship LOL! I could always grab something from the Lido when I was up for breakfast had I wanted it.

I only mentioned it because it's another instance of my experience being different than what I read on these boards. People talk about ordering liquor for their cabin and it being there when they get access to their cabin. In my two cruises that hasn't happened. Now people report their fruit baskets are replenished daily and mine wasn't. Not a big deal to me, but experiences aren't always the same.

Archived