Are all these items really included in your room?

texasnana

Verandah

2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, whirlpool bath* & shower, sitting area, private verandah, no-host mini-bar, floor-to-ceiling windows, (284-398 sq. ft. with verandah*).

*Refer to Deck Plans for specific information

Include all the stateroom amenities, plus:

• Our signature Mariner’s Dream™ bed featuring plush Sealy Posturepedic® Euro-Top mattress and finely woven
    cotton linens
  • Luxurious bathrobes for use during your voyage
  • 100% Egyptian cotton towels
  • Premium massage showerhead
  • 5x magnifying lighted make-up mirror and salon-quality hair dryer
  • Fragrant soaps, lotions, shampoo and other bath amenities from Elemis Aromapure
  • Complimentary fresh fruit on request
  • Elegant ice bucket and serving tray for in-stateroom beverages
  • Flat-panel TV and DVD player
  • Ice service, shoeshine service and nightly turndown service

Fresh Fruit on request. Interesting do we just ask our cabin attendtend. Is the soaps, lotions any good?

Yep - they are,

As for the fruit... when you get to your room, there is a fruit bowl on the table with a paper circle in it. You write you room number and check boxes next to your fruit preferences. After that - the stewards will make sure that you have those fruits every day.

Verandah

2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, whirlpool bath* & shower, sitting area, private verandah, no-host mini-bar, floor-to-ceiling windows, (284-398 sq. ft. with verandah*).

*Refer to Deck Plans for specific information

Include all the stateroom amenities, plus:

• Our signature Mariner’s Dream™ bed featuring plush Sealy Posturepedic® Euro-Top mattress and finely woven
    cotton linens
  • Luxurious bathrobes for use during your voyage
  • 100% Egyptian cotton towels
  • Premium massage showerhead
  • 5x magnifying lighted make-up mirror and salon-quality hair dryer
  • Fragrant soaps, lotions, shampoo and other bath amenities from Elemis Aromapure
  • Complimentary fresh fruit on request
  • Elegant ice bucket and serving tray for in-stateroom beverages
  • Flat-panel TV and DVD player
  • Ice service, shoeshine service and nightly turndown service

Fresh Fruit on request. Interesting do we just ask our cabin attendtend. Is the soaps, lotions any good?

I see you are sailing on the Zuiderdam. You may wish to take your own hair dryer. The dryers aren't very accessible on this class of ship. I also take my own shampoo and conditioner. Don't care the for Elemis products. Even take my own shower gel. :)

All those items are included with your cabin.

The bath gel and shampoo are Elemis products and I really like them. They are in large containers hung on the wall of shower/tub along with conditioner. Use what you wish and if you need more, the steward will replenish.

There is a small bottle of Elemis body lotion on the counter in your bathroom.

This is an accurate list, but sounds better than it really is!! We have used their soaps and hubby uses their shampoo. I bring my own. I never noticed the sheets or towels as anything special but there isn't anything wrong with them. I don't remember the shower head being special either but I don't mess with it much except to get water temp right! On all or cruises, this has been the kind you can hold in your hand or stick in the mount in tub (and it adjusts up and down I think?)

ML

I like the little yellow soap in the bathroom. It lasts more than a week.

The tubs aren't all whirlpools.

Do you wash your hands very often:D:p;)? Mine was gross and slimey in about 4 days. I got so tired of begging for more bar soap so I bought some while in port. I use nice shampoo and conditioner at home and I think there stuff is bad. My hair is color treated and it just doesn't work for that.

This is an accurate list, but sounds better than it really is!! We have used their soaps and hubby uses their shampoo. I bring my own. I never noticed the sheets or towels as anything special but there isn't anything wrong with them. I don't remember the shower head being special either but I don't mess with it much except to get water temp right! On all or cruises, this has been the kind you can hold in your hand or stick in the mount in tub (and it adjusts up and down I think?)

ML

Good assessment.

Dude, how are you :D?

I see you are sailing on the Zuiderdam. You may wish to take your own hair dryer. The dryers aren't very accessible on this class of ship. I also take my own shampoo and conditioner. Don't care the for Elemis products. Even take my own shower gel. :)
:confused: Our cabin on the Zuiderdam had a "salon-quality" hairdryer in the cabinet by the desk. It was easy enough to plug in and use there. We never bother with the hair dryer in the bathroom.

I'm allergic to the Elemis soaps so I bring my own products when sailing on HAL. I've never had a problem with the soaps on other lines, just the Elemis. I know others love their products, but I'm also not a fan.

I don't know how "elegant" the ice bucket and serving tray are, but they aren't tacky plastic anyway. For me that is the thing that seems a bit exaggerated on the list.

Regarding the first item, though: HAL's beds truly are the best afloat - no empty hype there. Better sheets than we have at home, too. I guess you either like the Elemis products or you don't. We like them, but gel in the shower is a hassle, prefer bar soap for that.

Regarding the first item, though: HAL's beds truly are the best afloat - no empty hype there. Better sheets than we have at home, too. I guess you either like the Elemis products or you don't. We like them, but gel in the shower is a hassle, prefer bar soap for that.

Without a doubt, some of the best beds in the industry.

Do you wash your hands very often:D:p;)? Mine was gross and slimey in about 4 days. I got so tired of begging for more bar soap so I bought some while in port. <SNIP>

LOL... we notice that it will turn into a gooey gel after a couple of days of use, but the steward will usually clean that up and replace the soap. At least, that's been our experience.

LOL... we notice that it will turn into a gooey gel after a couple of days of use, but the steward will usually clean that up and replace the soap. At least, that's been our experience.

I agree. They usually do but they sure seemed tight with it on the N.A. in Nov. I met other folks thaat said that too. I'm taking my soap again on the Noordam just in case.

Elemis Shampoo and Conditioner is okay - nothing I would want to buy, but a lot better than having to bring your own.

Love the shower gel, would buy that if I didn't have to pack it in the suit case and run the risk of going overweight at the airport, or the bottle breaking open.

I bring my own lotion, (a couple of travel size ones from the dollar bin) as I do not like the Elemis lotion.

Not a fan of bar soap, so don't know if it is any good.

Bath towels are bigger and nicer than what I have at home.

I could be wrong, it it seemed like the last veranda cabin I had the tub was a jetted tub.

Archived