Dolphin Balconies

aprilcruisers

Its been a while since we sailed Princess. Love that they are back in Galveston.

We've never had a room on Dolphin deck.

Can someone tell me about not having a roof on our balcony? This just seems strange to me, and hopefully won't be too much of an issue.

We are pretty easy to please, but do spend a lot of time on balcony.

First of all, Welcome to Cruise Critic! It a great place to do research.

We had a mini-suite with a balcony on the Star Princess cruise in Alaska a few years ago. Loved the balcony! Used it a lot! My wife took tons of pictures on it.

Yes, you will be completely uncovered. It's a little hard to explain. Imagine a wedding cake with it's tiers. It's a lot like that. To us, it really didn't matter.

Just be aware that anyone on the decks above you can look directly down on see you.

On the other hand, you will have a great unobstructed view! :D

You can probably "google" it and find pictures.

Happy Sailing! It's a great way to explore the world!

I had a mini-suite mid-ship on the Dolphin Deck/Coral Princess during our transit through the Panama Canal. It was nice to wave to the folks/friends above us. Didn't have too much of an issue with the sun. We were Port Side going from California to Florida. The morning sun was nice and we were in the shadow of the ship in the afternoon. The balcony included two chairs, 2 foot stools, and a large table. I understand they have replaced these pieces with less than satisfactory furniture.

The Coral Princess is my favorite ship.

Renee

Dolphin deck boils down to that one word. Maybe balcony size as well. With the exception of Carib deck and some aft facing balconies they are all basically the same size on the ship. 9'X5' I believe. Some people enjoy the semi privacy that a half or fully covered balcony provides. We are among that crowd. Others don't mind being in full view of those above them. The one thing I do enjoy about semi/covered balconies is that you can still use them in inclement weather.

Yes, I guess privacy is my main issue. Not that we are going to do anything that requires privacy!:p

And sun. Don't want to sit in full sun all the time.

Next time we won't wait too long and get on Caribe deck!

JimAOk, actually, I've been on these forums a long time. Since our first cruise in 2001. They made us change our name in 2005. Someone that wasn't as much of a lurker as me wanted the name Texascruisers!!:cool:

Not that we are going to do anything that requires privacy!:p

A nice bottle of red, warm breezes, gentle sway of the ship. I learned a long time ago to never say never.

Have a wonderful trip!

I didn't say that hasn't happened!! :D just not this trip, with an audience!

Archived