Any Reviews for Subway Water Sports?

espre

Thanks. We will be on the Crown in March. I'm going to go ahead and book with them based on the Trip Advisor reviews that I have read so I'll be looking to hear how your tour went when you get back. Hope you have a great cruise! What other excursions have you booked for the other ports?

Thinking about booking their snorkeling/kayaking tour in March. Can anyone give me any information about this company?

We haven't used them for snorkeling but the "boys" in our group used them once for fishing. Correspondence was good and arrangements efficient.

We are also booked a Nachi Cocum in March and will be doing a cavetubing/Altun Ha tour with .bz in Belize. Haven't read anyone that has done both, so this might be quite an adventure! Have a great time! Can't wait for your reviews.

• 3 weeks later...

Subway was simply great! When we arrived we had to sign some standard liability waivers. We had our own snorkel gear, but they do have plenty available for you to use. They also have safety vests.

We went out with 6 others, so there was a total of 8 of us. There was a boat captain and 3 other Subway divers in the boat. We went out maybe ten minutes and they stopped the boat. The water was perfect blue, maybe 8 feet deep. Everyone got in the water and took off snorkeling! The captain and one dive shop person stayed on the boat. The other two Subway divers went out among the guests as we snorkeled.

The water was around 8 to 12 feet deep in most areas. There was a drop off of about 75 feet a little ways from the boat. I saw all sorts of colorful coral and fish and starfish and enormous sand dollars bigger than a loaf of sourdough bread.

The highlight was seeing a giant eagle ray swim about 12 feet under me where there was that big drop off. He was about 6 or 7 feet across and had a 7 foot tail. They said it was very rare to see one. My husband saw it also. I managed to get 2 photos of the ray. I was glad that we decided to get an underwater camera!

This snorkel lasted about 1 hour. We then went back to the dive shop and picked up 4 more people who had arrived on later cruise ships. We then went out to another spot for about another hour. Same great colorful fish and coral. At the drop off this time I saw these great blue fish that were iridescent when the sunlight hit them. They were beautiful.

Everyone from Subway was great to be around, very friendly.

Make sure that before you go in the water, put tons of sunscreen on your back and the backs of your legs all the way to the bottom of your suit. You will get a bad sunburn if you do not do this. We used SPF 100 andi still got some color. Re-apply each time you go back in the water!!

All in all it was a great first time snorkel experience and I would highly recommend them.

We just returned from Norwegian Dawn last week. We booked a snorkel tour with Subway Watersports and found it fantastic! We were picked up at the cruise port along with 6 other people and taken across the island to Turquoise Bay resort where Subway is located. Were met by enthusiastic staff who made sure we were outfitted properly. We brought our own masks and snorkel so we only needed fins. Some in our group went on a scuba trip so we had about 6 on our boat. Just a short 5 minute ride to the reef and we were in the water. We were the only ones on the reef. The location is on the north side of the island away from all the cruise and resort attractions. The reef was shallow 3-15 feet and vibrant and alive. The condition of the reef was excellent. Did not see dead or dying coral. The colors were fantastic and saw all kinds of marine life--some fish we had never seen before.

After an hour on the reef we came back in to pick up some others, use the restrooms, and grab a snack then we went back out to a different part and snorkelled for another hour. After the tour we had lunch at the resort next door and then were taken back to the ship with plenty of time to spare. Overall this was a great experience. I have snorkelled at many other destinations in the Caribbean but this was by far the best reef I've ever been on. Best of all, we weren't doing it with several hundred of our new best buddies on a cruise excursion!

After an hour on the reef we came back in to pick up some others, use the restrooms, and grab a snack then we went back out to a different part and snorkelled for another hour. After the tour we had lunch at the resort next door and then were taken back to the ship with plenty of time to spare. Overall this was a great experience. I have snorkelled at many other destinations in the Caribbean but this was by far the best reef I've ever been on. Best of all, we weren't doing it with several hundred of our new best buddies on a cruise excursion!

Glad you enjoyed your trip.

When you say you went to another resort for lunch, do you know the name of it? I am trying to find a review for Palm Beach Resort which is up that way and wondered if that is where you went?

Thanks for these great reviews! I especially appreciate the tip about the sun screen on the back of your legs (hadn't really thought about that). Will be there in a couple of weeks and I'm getting very excited.

• 5 months later...
We booked a snorkel tour with Subway Watersports and found it fantastic! After an hour on the reef we came back in to pick up some others, use the restrooms, and grab a snack then we went back out to a different part and snorkelled for another hour. After the tour we had lunch at the resort next door and then were taken back to the ship with plenty of time to spare.

Subway was simply great! All in all it was a great first time snorkel experience and I would highly recommend them.

Thanks for your posts...this will be our 3rd trip to Roatan and we were looking for something off the beaten (cruiser) path.

Just wondering how much post-snorkeling beach time you got at the resort? Is there any snorkeling from right off the beach at Turquoise? I'm torn between just a standard beach day, or the snorkel excursion.

• 2 weeks later...

We actually booked the discover scuba diving with Roatan Excursions (Shore Excursioneer) and Subway was their local operator for this tour. We found them to be a highly recommendable dive operator. Very clean, professional and safety conscious. After being picked up at the port we were taken to their facilities and started the diving with a group of only 4 people, so the service was highly personalized and I am sure we received much better service (and price!) than with the cruise line. Abbey made this experience very enjoyable and we are already thinking of taking the certification course soon!

• 3 weeks later...

How much time did you spend diving?

We actually booked the discover scuba diving with Roatan Excursions (Shore Excursioneer) and Subway was their local operator for this tour. We found them to be a highly recommendable dive operator. Very clean, professional and safety conscious. After being picked up at the port we were taken to their facilities and started the diving with a group of only 4 people, so the service was highly personalized and I am sure we received much better service (and price!) than with the cruise line. Abbey made this experience very enjoyable and we are already thinking of taking the certification course soon!

Archived