MSC axes 5% discount and warns agents not to discount!

Skipper Tim

Hi Tim .... So MSC have now done what all the other cruise lines have done and removed discounts! so now we have a Cartel between them which does not allow discounts, they claim it is so there is a level playing field! so how come USA cruisers can still hold cabins and cancel right upto Final payment without losing any money unlike us ? Level field my Ar*e.

Does this affect the 5% to 20% discount on New bookings for Club members?

Tim .. I asked because the 5% had been applied to both my recent bookings with them .... :) so at least tehy are staying in line with the other lines who also offer discounts to past cruisers although some only offer it on Balcony cabins.

No, I just tried a dummy booking with and without my MSC Club no. and got the correct discount applied. There would have been a riot had they done that!

From my understanding it has nothing to do with the MSC Club discount.

It seems to be a change from a 5% discount given to agents to lower the prices...instead it seems they are taking that away and increasing the commission to the agents so earn just as much selling an MSC cruise as they do another cruise line's.

Based on where it was published and the wording I'm guessing it was on online only discount to UK cruisers. UK cruisers have gotten such discounts in the past (which the rest of the world didn't) but as with many things you usually only hear people complain about what they don't get compared to others, and ignoring what they do get that others don't.

Archived