tux rental

Tin

I am too lazy to haul around my suits. I've seen that you can rent tux from RCI, but is it available on the Silhouette?

The company that does the rewntal is: cruislineformalwear

If you use them be sure to inspect and try on the tux before you need to use it. I've encountered some problems. One was only resolved because I had an excellent Butler.

this is a third party company? does celebrity themselves rent them?

No - Celebrity doesn't rent directly. As long as I've been sailing with X (since 2002) they have used this company. I've used them as well. Heed the advice of the other poster. We had an emergency on first formal night when my partner tried on his pants and found them for a much shorter gentleman.... Thankfully we also had a great butler.

Joe

Are those prices for the cruise or for each formal night? I bought a ready-wear tuxedo from an online place (I figured the fit is at least as good as a rental and I could have minor alterations made) and only paid $160 with a full vest, shoes, and accessories. If you're interested I'll find the link, but it was one of the ones that comes up near the top on Google.

This does not assume you are renting to save luggage space, but for their prices I'd rather own and check a bag via the airlines.

With all the restrictions on airline luggage, the tux rental, for me, has been a no brainer. I've done it for the last several years and been very satisfied. Never had a problem with fitting but always have tried it on as one of the first things I do upon entering the cabin. Plus, DW has extra room for her stuff which makes me a hero. ;)

one of the thing that I hate the most is when you pack your suit, it can easily be wrinkled. Since most of the cruise line now a day doesn't have the iron, it would be much easier just to rent.

one of the thing that I hate the most is when you pack your suit, it can easily be wrinkled. Since most of the cruise line now a day doesn't have the iron, it would be much easier just to rent.

IF the cruise is leaving from the US. I think the further away you gothe tux rental option may not be so much an option ( don't think it's offered down under for example or Asia which is a pity).

I do not know about Asia, but I rented a tux for my husband to wear during our Solstice cruise in February. We are on the ship 17 nights so assuming 3 formal nights. It cost $105 for tux, shirts, studs and cuff links and shoes. A good deal and he does not have to haul the tux, etc or the big heavy shoes across half the world! I rented from the company that has a link on the Celebrity web site.

I do not know about Asia, but I rented a tux for my husband to wear during our Solstice cruise in February. We are on the ship 17 nights so assuming 3 formal nights. It cost $105 for tux, shirts, studs and cuff links and shoes. A good deal and he does not have to haul the tux, etc or the big heavy shoes across half the world! I rented from the company that has a link on the Celebrity web site.

Where abouts did u hire....I never knew and I had asked around. Looking for the link but can't find it...

IF the cruise is leaving from the US. I think the further away you gothe tux rental option may not be so much an option ( don't think it's offered down under for example or Asia which is a pity).

It is offered in Asia, we did it at Christmas, but the choice is limited. We could only choose the basic package, with only plain black bow ties & cumberbunds. But that was better than nothing and meant we didn't have to carry a suilt with us in our already limited luggage allowance flying to/from Asia from Australia.

We didn't have any problems with the suits - 4 of us hired them, and all came fittted as if they'd been made for us. They were delivered on the second day of the cruise, and collected at the end of the cruise. The only problem we (almost) had was that thyey wanted cabin stewards to collect them from us on the afternoon of the last formal night, but our Cabin Steward politely told them no, it was formal night and they would be required, she'd collect them from us the next day. This happened to others too, but most cabin sterwards were on the ball enough to realise the laundry were collecting them a day early!

When we've rented tuxes on RC, they've been hanging in our room when we first got to our cabin. Before even unpacking, DH has always tried his on, to check the fit, and make sure that all the accessories were there -- never any problems. However, it's been our experience that X doesn't deliver the rented tuxes until the morning of first formal night -- which can lead to problems.

On our last two Celebrity cruises, there were problems with the rented tux; on one cruise there were missing and broken buttons, both on the shirts and jacket. Last cruise, the pants were six inches too long, and had to be hemmed. All of this was complicated by the fact that DH did not have the opportunity to try the tux on and inspect it earlier. He ended up spending most of his first sea day, not lying by the pool relaxing, but scrambling around to get his tux fixed, in time for that evening. :eek:

Since we're in a suite on our upcoming cruise, DH plans to see if our butler can get the tux delivered sooner, so any problems can be addressed in a more timely manner. :cool:

When we've rented tuxes on RC, they've been hanging in our room when we first got to our cabin. Before even unpacking, DH has always tried his on, to check the fit, and make sure that all the accessories were there -- never any problems. However, it's been our experience that X doesn't deliver the rented tuxes until the morning of first formal night -- which can lead to problems.

On our last two Celebrity cruises, there were problems with the rented tux; on one cruise there were missing and broken buttons, both on the shirts and jacket. Last cruise, the pants were six inches too long, and had to be hemmed. All of this was complicated by the fact that DH did not have the opportunity to try the tux on and inspect it earlier. He ended up spending most of his first sea day, not lying by the pool relaxing, but scrambling around to get his tux fixed, in time for that evening. :eek:

Since we're in a suite on our upcoming cruise, DH plans to see if our butler can get the tux delivered sooner, so any problems can be addressed in a more timely manner. :cool:

Odd you say that. On every one of our X cruises dh's tux has been either in the room upon arrival or there shortly thereafter.

Now for the warnings like the above posters:

1. The rental comes with 2 (two) shirts; therefore if you are on a cruise of 12 days or longer you need to order additional ones or plan to have the existing shirts laundered and pressed.

2. The tux has NEVER fit correctly yet; the pants are too long/short; coat incorrect. My dh last year he got two cumberbunds and no bowtie! He only received some buttons, not all and one cuff link. Accordingly try on the whole tux to ensure every piece is there. An extra shirt only costs about 10$.

With all that said, we will continue to to rent because my dh never dresses up in a tux on land and he looks incredible dressed up in a tux! :D

Archived