Happy Australia Day!!

Thanks Kiwi Cruisers. We will have a good one, just wish our bushfires were out. A big thank you to all the volunteers who belong to the Rural Fire Brigades. They do an incredible job and go out when called immediatley never thinking of themselves.

Today is when we should all give thanks for being so lucky to live in the best country in the world - New Zealand a close second! When one travels, it makes one appreciate what we have here at home. We are just so lucky and I wish that everyone who lives here would appreciate what we have, great beaches, wonderful scenery, a great standard of living, clean air and no wars!

Jennie

Hi All,

Well said Jenny. Hope Peter is now on the mend.

Eileen, what fabulous pictures! Love the menagerie.

How about the wild weather here? I reckon the dunny races may have been washed out. Not such a good day to fire up the barbie, buy hey, we desperately need the rain.

Nicki

Hi Nicki,

Peter is fine and we are off again in March. Wish you could send some of that lovely rain down here. We haven't seen a drop since the end of November!

Australia is so true to my favourite poem - My Country by Dorothea Mackellar which often brings tears to my eyes when I read it or recite it, as I am sure we all had to learn it off pat in primary school. If we aren't having droughts we are having flooding rains.

Jennie

Archived