NCL White Hot Party and general dress help needed

jbpinkie

Hi all- I am a 44 year old recently single woman who will be doing my first cruise as a soloist in April. I am sailing on the Epic and will be in one of their studio cabins. I have read that NCL freestyle allows you to dress as you want and has 2 optional dress up nights. I have also read about the white hot party where it is suggested that you wear white. Was wondering since this is my first ncl sailing if anyone has dress suggestions, and if anyone has any pictures from what you or others wore to the white hot party night. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!!!

Wearing white is fun because the light show at the event makes everybody look cooler. I wore a white dress with some tourquoise accents. DH wore a white golf shirt & black pants. Our friends wore white collent shirts and white jeans.

NCL is dress as you like. Most times its very casual.

I wear a lot of sun dresses & some capris.

Enjoy!

Hi Jenna, I think you'll love the studio cabin. My son had one two years ago and it is a great option for a solo cruiser. There are a lot of opportunities to meet other solo cruisers, too. We love NCL. We tend to dress for dinner like we would going out to a nice restaurant in our hometown, but more casual is the norm and it truly is a laid back approach to what people wear. Have a great cruise!

Barb

Any white outfit will do for the White Hot party. As for general dress, pretty much anything you want to wear. If you check my blog pics, you'll see I run the gamut from casual to semi-formal. It all depends on what I'm doing, and when. The main thing is that you're comfortable. You're going to love The Epic, have a wonderful trip!

Great fun, great times, great memories.

You can dress as formal as you want. Lots of the women on our cruise was in total white, some in shorts and tops, some in pants and tops, most in white dresses. Most of the guys were dress casual, slacks and white shirts or light colored shirts. We had a very few people in shorts and tees, not many at all.

The main dining room has a "dress" policy of no shorts, no "muscle shirts, no pants with holes, etc. More of a business casual and up, to include suits or tuxes for men, nice dresses or slacks for the ladies.

On the Star, the Versailles Dining Room was the only really "formal" type dining room, all the rest of the places, including the specialty dining venues were a lot more relaxed. Hint, if you go, make sure you do some of the specialty venues for dining. Well worth the money if you buy the pre-sail package of 3 eateries plus a bottle of wine if you dine at one of them on the first night at sea.

Archived