Favorite Food???

marianneyaya

• 3 weeks later...

I keep reading how people love the burgers at the Mast Grill--I've had them several times, and found nothing extraordinary at all--just a humdrum burger! What am I missing??

I admit to enjoying the waffles, if they are fresh and hot (I wait) with the whipped orange butter. But usual brekkie aboard ship is a bagel with lox.

Goat cheese and grand marnier souffles in Murano are good, but the last time I had the lobster there it was a big disappointment--tough and tastless even after being sauteed in a pan with yummy sounding things. Totally blah. But everyone else seems to love it (like the burgers!)

We love the croissants for breakfast (they are the best, although their other pastries are so-so in our opinion), the freshly made waffles and omelets (the latter depending on who is making them), and for desserts the creme brule. We sometimes order the latter multiple times on a cruise as it is one of their standard offerings each night. (Celebrity has a number of menu items always available as options in the main dining room. Among them is caesar salad, shrimp cocktail, chicken, steak, creme brule. There are others I do not recall -just check the left side of the menu)

If by chance you're going to be on one of the Solstice class ships, don't miss the banana and Nutella crepes at Bistro on Five. There's a $5 charge per person (all you can eat) and it's SO worth it!! That's become our "must do" lunch on embarkation day. It's never crowded, and such a wonderful way to start your cruise off!!

Just read thru this thread and the only post I'd disagree with is the one that says the corned beef hash is to die for....IMHO, it's dry and has an off flavor...and I love Corned beef hash (I've tried it multiple times since I do like good corned beef hash). However, the poached eggs in the buffet (eggs benedict and other choices) are wonderful.On the postive side, no one has mentioned the onion soup (always on menu) and all of the lamb dishes are very good....the lamb shank is terrific. Creme Brulee is variable, but can be outstanding. The onion soup is also variable but if you get it very hot and there are onions in it (unfortunately, that's highly variable), it can be terrific....worth trying. The trick to the hamburgers is to ask for one directly off the grill (or ask for a Cheeseburger directly off the grill). Don't get one that has been sitting there or is reheated. The fries are the same....get them fresh from the fryer and they are outstanding. Ditto on the waffles....get them right off the waffle maker, don't take the ones lying there in a pan. Skip the pancakes no matter how they make them. The smoked salmon and gravlox (when you can find it) are outstanding...the bagels aren't...that is, they aren't bagels, they are rolls with a hole in the middle. Agree with the aqua spa cafe comments...we eat there often. If you are captains club elite, the cappucino in the elite breakfast is light years better than the (free) coffee served elsewhere.While not food, Stoli Elit is the best vodka and the best price performer on Celebrity ships. Give it a try if you are a straight vodka or dry martini drinker.....because you can afford it on a Celebrity cruise, but you can't afford it at home

Archived