Elite Question

wigoutlet

If 1 cabin occupant is Elite and the other is not- Will the Elite benefits apply to both cabin occupants?
No.

Elite benefits are a reward for loyalty and are earned. They can share your mini-bar set-up and formal night appetizer delivered to your cabin. They can share your Internet as long as you're willing to give them your password and have them use up your minutes. They can share the bathroom set-up of Q-tips, etc.

Actually if you are also invited to the most traveled luncheon or cocktail party they may attend with you as your guest as you are allowed one guest.

Last cruise my partner and I were both invited to the most traveled function and were both allowed one guest each.

Actually if you are also invited to the most traveled luncheon or cocktail party they may attend with you as your guest as you are allowed one guest.

Last cruise my partner and I were both invited to the most traveled function and were both allowed one guest each.

is this something new where a couple who are elite can invite one guest each, is that fair on the other elite people who miss out

is this something new where a couple who are elite can invite one guest each, is that fair on the other elite people who miss out
Not new. If they're not married and have different names. It's the same as two singles traveling together. I cruise as a single and am allowed a guest. Princess is not going to get into personal lives or make a differentiation if two people who are "partners" or not are in the same cabin. The invite is not per-cabin but by each passenger's days sailed.

Not new. If they're not married and have different names. It's the same as two singles traveling together. I cruise as a single and am allowed a guest. Princess is not going to get into personal lives or make a differentiation if two people who are "partners" or not are in the same cabin. The invite is not per-cabin but by each passenger's days sailed.

my wife has a different surname to me so what your saying i could bring a guest and so could my wife

we always go together but i didnt know that

my wife has a different surname to me so what your saying i could bring a guest and so could my wife

we always go together but i didnt know that

You're married, not unmarried partners. Of course, you could always divorce and cruise together as singles in order to invite a guest.

You're married, not unmarried partners. Of course, you could always divorce and cruise together as singles in order to invite a guest.

as i said before i didnt know but we always go to the lunch as a couple and another elite couple can then come along

Pam

Are you sure about the laundry. My husband & I were on the Ruby in Aprill & Emerald last week and were under the impression that this was for the cabin and we both used it each time.

Ontario Cruiser:confused:

If it is sent out under the name of the elite passenger, there is no charge.

If sent out under the name of the non-elite passenger, you may get charged.

If it is sent out under the name of the elite passenger, there is no charge.

If sent out under the name of the non-elite passenger, you may get charged.

Captain's Circle benefits are never per-cabin as Elite benefits are per-passenger. However, as Bill says, if the Elite passenger sends it out and signs the form, chances are you won't be charged for the non-Elite passenger's laundry. However, there have been cases and people posting on CC that they were charged for the non-Elite passenger's laundry even though the Elite sent it out. They were incensed and thought it was per-cabin. It's not.

I believe the non elite passenger travelling with you in the cabin can also utilize the priority boarding,

The whole party can use the priority check-in line with an elite, but entry to the elite/suite waiting area for priority boarding is not certain at all

tender,

My understanding is that each person must present a black card (or the priority ticket for suite passengers) to go straight to the tender area

and disembarkation lounge.

I have seen everything from all persons in the disembark lounge being checked, to one person showing platinum or black card for their group, to no enforcement at all. I question whether there is an official policy.

Sue

See my observations in red.

tender,

My understanding is that each person must present a black card (or the priority ticket for suite passengers) to go straight to the tender area

My experience is that nobody even checks your card when you get on the back of the existing line for the next tender.

People get away with it but the Elite laundry perks are not per-cabin.

Princess posted on their Facebook page, last year, that non-elites sharing cabins with Elite guests are entitled to the same free laundry service.

Also, in regards to priority boarding and tender disembarcation, if the non-elite is in the same cabin as the elite they may both use the priority line. If traveling together but in different cabins, they may not. This is not always consistently enforced.

Princess posted on their Facebook page, last year, that non-elites sharing cabins with Elite guests are entitled to the same free laundry service.

Also, in regards to priority boarding and tender disembarcation, if the non-elite is in the same cabin as the elite they may both use the priority line. If traveling together but in different cabins, they may not. This is not always consistently enforced.

Priority boarding on embarkation day and the priority lounge on disembarkation day are not always great perks. The current Grand Princess sailing around South America has 1800 passengers, almost 70% of the people, eligible for these benefits.

A post said it took over two hours on the line to check in. Certainly 1800 passengers will not fit into the disembarkation lounge.

Our upcoming cruise on the Ruby will be my mother's first as an Elite member, I'm still Platinum for another couple of cruises. As far as the mini-bar setup, do you receive a questionnaire asking about personal preferences? For example, my mother enjoys rum and tonic or sprite so we would want to tailor the setup to her likes.

Our upcoming cruise on the Ruby will be my mother's first as an Elite member, I'm still Platinum for another couple of cruises. As far as the mini-bar setup, do you receive a questionnaire asking about personal preferences? For example, my mother enjoys rum and tonic or sprite so we would want to tailor the setup to her likes.

you cant ask for a personal preference and i dont think you can get any rum but you can always ring room service and swap things over but it once only per cabin not per person

Below are pictures of what is in the mini-bar setup. You can trade the miniature liquor bottles for other miniatures, but they have to be only from this group of options. You can also trafe them in for water, soda or Pierrier.

The sodas, water and Perrier can be traded for and of these, but you can ask for another type soda (such as diet Coke) if they have it in stock.

The liquor:

980812180812ElitebarsetupDSC01046-1_zpsbd167a3b.jpg

The rest. Actually get two of each.

980812280812ElitebarsetupDSC01048-1_zps848e8ab8.jpg

Archived