Lemon Drop Martini

CruiseWhere

I have searched high and low for the recipe of HAL's Lemon Drop Martitni but to no avail. Does anyone happen to know what it contains or where I might be able to find it?:confused:

From a previous post (not mine):

Lemon Drop Martini (recipe from HAL bartender):

1.5 oz vodka

.5 oz triple sec

1.5 oz lemon and lime sour cocktailor

2 lemon wedges crushed

ice

sugar on the rim

In my opinion, the lemon and lime sour cocktailor is what makes the drink. You can order it from the "mixology" section of HAL's site or make your own (simple syrup, lemon juice and lime juice).

---

Mike

From a previous post (not mine):

Lemon Drop Martini (recipe from HAL bartender):

1.5 oz vodka

.5 oz triple sec

1.5 oz lemon and lime sour cocktailor

2 lemon wedges crushed

ice

sugar on the rim

In my opinion, the lemon and lime sour cocktailor is what makes the drink. You can order it from the "mixology" section of HAL's site or make your own (simple syrup, lemon juice and lime juice).

---

Mike

Thank you for the recipe.

Hey all,

Wondering about the Cosmo Cabana from the Westerdam. Does anyone know the proper ingredients? I have tried several recipes but nothing like on the ship :confused:

Here you go, Newfiegirl4. This comes from a BC blogger, http://www.hightidecreative.ca/

Fill your boots!:D

Mixing drinks in the middle of the ocean

On my recent transatlantic cruise from Florida to Rome, Italy, I was faced with the pleasure (and sometimes irritation) of a slew of sea days to start the trip before we hit our first port. There are endless things to do on a cruise ship floating over the waves in the centre of the Atlantic, and the staff are well versed in how to keep guest entertained.

A large part of cruising is the food and drink, and Holland America Line (HAL) knows its guests well enough to realize they had a captive audience lying in the sun with a drink in hand by the pool, and created the Mixology 101 class series. Taught in three sessions on longer cruises, shorter for some smaller voyages, the martini mixing classes take place at HAL’s poolside Ocean bar. Anyone is welcome to watch, but if you pay the $12 class fee you can sample all the cocktails and get some hands-on instruction (as well as a cheesy but cute ‘dipolma’ to take home).

The classes are informative and fun, put on by a few ship bartenders and one of HALs party event staff. All the cocktails I tried were delicious, and I have made some again since returning home. It was also a great way to meet other like-minded cruisers and our mixology “class” would later meet on the ship’s back deck for bar menu ‘study sessions’.

Of all the cocktails we tried, the Cosmo Cabana was by far my favourite, a perfect fusion of cosmo and mojito and delicious on a hot day. Here’s the recipe and a short clip of me in the Noordam’s Mixology 101 class pouring my first Cosmo Cabana.

Cosmo Cabana

In a tall pint glass, hand press fresh lime slices and fresh mint with muddler (how to ‘muddle’)

Add 1.5 ounces pineapple infused rum, 1. 5 ounces citrus sour (recipe below), ice and cranberry juice

Shake and strain into a martini glass

Garnish with fresh mint and enjoy.

Housemade Sweet & Sour

1 part fresh lemon juice, 1 part fresh lime juice, 2 parts simple syrup.

Mike

Here you go, Newfiegirl4. This comes from a BC blogger, http://www.hightidecreative.ca/

On my recent transatlantic cruise from Florida to Rome, Italy, I was faced with the pleasure (and sometimes irritation) of a slew of sea days to start the trip before we hit our first port. There are endless things to do on a cruise ship floating over the waves in the centre of the Atlantic, and the staff are well versed in how to keep guest entertained.

A large part of cruising is the food and drink, and Holland America Line (HAL) knows its guests well enough to realize they had a captive audience lying in the sun with a drink in hand by the pool, and created the Mixology 101 class series. Taught in three sessions on longer cruises, shorter for some smaller voyages, the martini mixing classes take place at HAL’s poolside Ocean bar. Anyone is welcome to watch, but if you pay the $12 class fee you can sample all the cocktails and get some hands-on instruction (as well as a cheesy but cute ‘dipolma’ to take home).

The classes are informative and fun, put on by a few ship bartenders and one of HALs party event staff. All the cocktails I tried were delicious, and I have made some again since returning home. It was also a great way to meet other like-minded cruisers and our mixology “class” would later meet on the ship’s back deck for bar menu ‘study sessions’.

Of all the cocktails we tried, the Cosmo Cabana was by far my favourite, a perfect fusion of cosmo and mojito and delicious on a hot day. Here’s the recipe and a short clip of me in the Noordam’s Mixology 101 class pouring my first Cosmo Cabana.

Cosmo Cabana

In a tall pint glass, hand press fresh lime slices and fresh mint with muddler (how to ‘muddle’)

Add 1.5 ounces pineapple infused rum, 1. 5 ounces citrus sour (recipe below), ice and cranberry juice

Housemade Sweet & Sour

Mike

That's a good drink too. Thx.

• 2 weeks later...

Cosmo Cabana

Housemade Sweet & Sour

Mike

Thanks so much Mike... Will have to give that one a try:D

Gale, you have to take a big slurp before moving so no spills!!!:p

Archived