What was your favorite cruise and why?

papillons4u

Was going to do the Mexican Riveria in Feb. but thanks to all here on the boards we have changed our minds. Looks like it would not be warm enough for our liking, so we are now looking for some new ideas on which cruise to do last week in Feb. We have done the Eastern twice and the western once. Please help!!!

Papillon

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;2;29;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

My favorite was a back to back on Infinity to Hawaii for a total of 21 days, 8 sea days and 4 days total in Maui.

Second favorite would be Panama Canal from San Diego to FLL or reverse. 14 days and warm temps all the way.

Karen & Paul kmbix56@wmconnect.com

8_3_23.gif

http://community.webshots.com/album/124134511FOjEih

Galaxy B2B 10/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;16;17;45;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Mercury 03/04

Radiance 01/04

Summit 09/03, Infinity B2B Hawaii 03/03,Infinity 10/02,

Maasdam 07/02, Sun Princess 03/02,Maasdam 11/01,Statendam 07/01,Dolphin 1990?

My favorite was a 10-day Ultimate Caribbean on Milli from Ft. Lauderdale to ST. Martin, St. Kitts, ST. Lucia, Barbados and St. Thomas. We loved it because the cruise started and ended with 2 sea days. We have always loved St. Thomas. But we had a blast on our tours on St. Lucia and Barbados. I would definitely do this itinerary again. I think maybe Summit or Constellation is doing it now.

Becky

My favorite cruise was my last one on the Century. Only a 7 night cruise, but it was wonderful. The Century is my favorite ship, which probably had a lot to do with it. We did the western Caribbean and had a great time. I like western Caribbean best of all, I think the ports are more fun. We met some great cruise critic members on this cruise too!

Terri

Skyward - 1989

Carnivale - 1991

Holiday - 1994

Fantasy - 1998

Century - 2002

Century - 2003

Jubilee - 7/04

Century - 9/04

Coral Princess - 3/05

Valor - 10/05

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

My favorite was Infinity from San Diego to Hawaii for 11 days. Mostly because of the dive I did where I say a large group of sea turtles rise off the bottom of the ocean and float majestically past me. AWSOME....

Also, we had a penthouse, and that was also great for parties, which we had a few.

Later,

KidSandy

mat.gif

HI.. I was checking out that cruise..looked nice. What was the ages of the passengers on board? I had heard the cruises to Hawaii were very old people.. mostly in their 60's and 70's?

Papillon

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;2;29;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

papillons, Nice going. You do realise this is a Celebrity Cruise. Logically, yes, there will be older cruisers. Duh. If you heard that the people on the Hawaii Cruise weren't up to your standards, why even consider it.

You do realize this is Celebrity and there are going to be older people on this cruise.

Zenith from Jacksonville

Feb. 13 05

Transatlantic! Wonderful!

We have done three trans cruises and if you love sea days, you will love Transatlantic. Very relaxing, usually at least 14 nights, great stops en route but you will usually get 9 sea days to 5 port days. Lovely people on board, very few kids, and the feeling of being out there in the middle of the atlantic...lovely! These cruises are usually in April/Oct/Nov

HI PAPILLONS!!

If you are absolutely stuck on last week of Feb. (Not my favorite time to cruise) then you might consider South America or Hawaii.

ROSS

RMS QUEEN ELIZABETH 1965/TS BREMEN 1971/RMS AMERIKANIS 1972/SS FRANCE 1973/SS FRANCE 1973/QE II 1975/QE II 1975/TS LEONARDO DaVINCI 1976/QE II 1978/TS GALLILAO 1984/ MV REGENT SEA 1988/MV ZENITH 1992/SS NORWAY 1993/MV HORIZON 1998/GTS NORWEGIAN SUN 2001/GTS CENTURY 2002/GTS SUMMIT 2003/GTS JEWEL OF THE SEAS 2004

Papillion: when I first read your post regarding "really old people age 60 or 70" I had to laugh. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Some of us just didn't know we are really old. I just turned 57 today.

To answer that part of your question, I believe there were more people on the Hawaii cruise in their 50's but there were also folks in their 30's and 40's. All age groups blend pretty well on a cruise. Age is just a number.

Just keep in mind that any cruise that is 10 days or more will have more "really old people" on it as they have more time to travel.

8_3_23.gif

Galaxy B2B 10/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;16;17;45;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Mercury 03/04

Radiance 01/04

Missylou,

Too funny..... I posted that post about "OLD People" because one of the post I read was talking about how uncomfortable the older people made this woman feel on the Hawaii cruise. SHe had said that they actually felt like they had to be quiet in the pool area because most on board were sleeping and gave them dirty looks if anyone got loud! YES it made me think about icon_eek.gif that cruise. I am NO spring chick myself for sure! Love people of all ages .. but also love the fun and excitement of the cruise...(as older people prob. do too!) Have you done this cruise before?

Papillon

Hi Lois: No I haven't heard from Catmand or Wanda. The last post I read was when he was leaving to go visit his brother. They have a Princess cruise in August so he may be on the Princess board. I will try to email them.

Papillion: Yes I have done the Hawaii cruise (see post above) but I have not done the Summit 10 day. Is this a partial Panama Canal cruise or South America? We loved the Summit 14 days California coastal and Alaska.

8_3_23.gif

Galaxy B2B 10/04

Mercury 03/04

Radiance 01/04

I guess I am one of those

"really old" cruisers. I will be 79 in a couple of weeks.

Thankfully, not all passengers shun us oldies. Part of the fun of cruising for me is mixing with people of all ages, because age is a state of mind, not a matter of chronology.

Last month I took a really neat trip -- my grandson and his wife invited me to go with them on a 1700 mile road trip to Grand Canyon and Las Vegas. We took my little great-granddaughters along with us -- and all four of us had a blast!!

We regularly go camping and fishing for summer weekends.--sometimes I have been along with eight or ten of their friends, and they don't make me feel old at all. Even if I do have to use a cane.

Forget about years. Concentrate on what you can learn and share and enjoy with other people.

love

joan

papillons4u, I agree wholeheartedly with MISSYLOU about going on an Infinity B/2/B to Hawaii. I was 45 years old when we did that, and had the time of my life! It's going to be really tough to come home with better cruise memories than that one!

BeckyR-

I hope you are still reading this thread. I was on that 10 day Ultimate Caribbean on Millie and it was the best. What's so funny is the last cruise we just took April 18 on Infinity we ran into people that we met on that very same cruise. All we could talk about was how wonderful it was to have 2 sea days at the beginning and 2 at the end. Celebrity needs to put that one back on the Itinerary.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;14;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Celebrity Zenith - NYC to Bermuda

Big Red Boat II – New York to Canada/New England, August 2000

Regal Empress – New York to Canada/New England, August 2001

Millennium – 10 Night Southern Caribbean, August 2002

Millennium – 13 Night Mediterranean, August 2003

Infinity – 7 Night Eastern Caribbean, April 2004

Zenith - 7 Night NYC to Bermuda, August 2004

I will be going on my 17th cruise in a couple of weeks. I have loved them ALL. The best have been on Celebrity ships, for sure.

My favorite cruise was the 17 night South America on the Mercury. My favorite ship, and 17 whole nights!!!!!!!! I wondered if it would be too long, but I really hated getting off that ship. The ship was half full so there was never a problem with a chair by the pool etc. We also got to know a lot more people and crew. The ports left something to be desired, but it was heaven being in the hands of Celebrity for so long. No laundry, dishes, housecleaning, cooking, etc. icon_smile.gif

CruisingChick, I see you did that Ultimate Car. in August. We did it in June. It was just wonderful. I agree that Celebrity needs this itinerary again. I'd do it in a heartbeat. Wish they would substitute Aruba for St. Kitts, though. We looked for a cruise similar to this for this June. They only do it in the winter, when we can't take that many days off due to school. So we have "settled" for the 10-day Galaxy Med cruise that leaves next week. Saw that you have done this itinerary,too. What did you think??

Becky

Becky

why do you wish they would substitute Aruba for St Kitts? We are on the panama canal cruise on the Infinity in October and Aruba is one of the stops. Been to St Kitts and although it was nice didnot think it was as good as St Thomas or Barbados. Would be interested to hear other peoples views.

Linda

Ross,

It is my husbands only two weeks off besides the summer months so we have no choice. Whe have sailed this week 2 times and the other week was feb. 14th. Always had great weather except for the winds last year. We were on the Raidance, (not my favorite ship at all) But everyone said all the ships had a hard time with the high winds. So far my favorite ship has been the Exployer of the Seas. LOVED it!

Paps

Archived