Cruise twice on the same ship?

We have done the dawn twice in 2 years. As we have enjoyed both cruises so much, I would definatly cruise her again, just would look for a different itinerary as I have been to Nassau 4 times in 2 years and 7 times in 10. I need a new port.

10-11 days seems to be the way to go for us next time.

My husband already commented on this but I just want to add my 2 cents... by sailing on the same ship more than once and even the same itinerary, you learn different things and fine tune your experience with each trip. What you weren't able to do the first time you can include the second. We have made friends with different crew members and look forward to seeing them again. We even try sailing on different sections of the ship. We'll do it untill we get it right! Love the Dawn!

Shhh...;) I also get to add a new piece of jewelry to my collection with each trip! :D

:) I will add my Two Cents, I think that davy jones said it perfectly, cruising can be like a land vacation, there are some places that you just keep going back to again and again and again, why? Because you love it!! And you are comfortable with the location, where you stay, the things you do, etc... Like for us, we go every year, two to four times a year, (always three nights) down to Lancaster, Pennsylvania, we stay in the same B&B, we go to the Dutch Apple Dinner Theater, we have dinner with an Amish family, we go to the "Roots" and/or "Green Dragon" Flea Markets, we buy peach jam from the same Amish farm stand, we do add something new each time, like next month, we will go to the Pretzel Factory, but, we truly enjoy the area, we are happy there....

We were on the Dawn in April, we LOVED IT!! We will be on her again in February 2006 too, (and in the same cabin!!) and most likely we will cruise on her again!! The Dawn could easily become our "floating Lancaster"....!!!:D Of course we WON'T be going on her two to four times a year, but, I can see maybe every year or every other year, I would like to cruise on the Spirit and possibly the RCL Voyager, but, maybe not, we LOVE "Freestyle" cruising.....!!! And we LOVE the AB cabin on the Dawn, so...... I guess we will stick with NCL....

Suesan:)

Just a note from a first time cruiser on NCL this coming September.

It is very reassuring to see so many repeat cruisers of NCL ships who have posted on this thread.

Thanks for a wonderful confidence builder.

- We shall see if we are repeat cruisers after our "Spirit" adventure. :)

Thanks for all the input and ideas. (Especially the one from Lasting Impressions, I believe I too will begin adding a piece of jewelry to my collection from each cruise!)

I have hopped from one cruise line to another. I will be on the Spirit this September to Alaska. The plan is to make this a relaxing (i.e. Budget Minded) cruise and check stuff out with the intention of maybe repeating the Alaska/Spirit cruise next September. It seems to me after reading all your posts there is something extra special when you return to a ship.

And of course the best advice I've ever gleaned from this website is that to beat Post Cruise Depression always have your next cruise (and maybe even the one after that!) in the works!

Thanks for all the input and ideas. (Especially the one from Lasting Impressions, I believe I too will begin adding a piece of jewelry to my collection from each cruise!)

I have hopped from one cruise line to another. I will be on the Spirit this September to Alaska. The plan is to make this a relaxing (i.e. Budget Minded) cruise and check stuff out with the intention of maybe repeating the Alaska/Spirit cruise next September. It seems to me after reading all your posts there is something extra special when you return to a ship.

And of course the best advice I've ever gleaned from this website is that to beat Post Cruise Depression always have your next cruise (and maybe even the one after that!) in the works!

If you plan to repeat on the Spirit next September you will have to come to NYC. The Spirit will be homeported there staring in October of this year. :confused:

10-11 days seems to be the way to go for us next time.

We did the 7-day on the Dawn Feb. '04 and the 10 day Eastern Car. on the Dawn Feb. '05 and the itinerary was great .. The 10 day trip really felt like a vacation and I was actually ready to go home at the end, as opposed to a 7 day wanting it to contnue. We visited St. Thomas, Antigua, St. Maartin, and Tortola and San Juan P.R. ... all wonderful islands and very different from each other ..

The 2 main shows were the same from the prior year so I was bored for the South Beach Rave (or something like it) and did not go to Bollywood (I know- in the minority, but none of the 6 in my group liked it the 1st time, either). But still plenty of other things to do and we knew all the details of the ship and got good reservations in the specialty restaurants since we 'knew the drill'.

We have been on the same ships many times. Sometimes, the ship had a different itinerary than previously, sometimes the same. If we sail to a port I am not fond of, I love staying on the ship with most of the passengers off on day trips. Most of our trips have been to the Caribbean but our trip on the Star to Alaska makes me want to go back and see more. We would also like to go to the Panama Canal, but that will be determined by price as well as cruiseline.

I guess I just haven't had a bad cruise, so if we went on the Star again to Alaska, I'm sure I would see things differently. I was over-whelmed at the beauty of Alaska, now I would be a bit more relaxed with the trip.

Katie

Same ship again? Absolutely! We've been on the Majesty FIVE times -- and will do it again in a heartbeat! Why? She's a great, small, intimate ship, and you can't beat that Bermuda itinerary! In fact, if the price is right, we may book again last minute in August or September!! :p Gotta find a great, CHEAP getaway for the end of the summer -- we'll see! ;)

We are also looking at the Dawn again in November -- we did the Southern Caribbean, but want to do something a little different. However, if the So. Carib. happens to work out with our schedule, we'd do that again, because we'd just do different things! We also LOVE the Dawn and would cruise her again! :D

It's the Sun for us. We will be repeating in October...same cruise/same ship/same cabin. Deliberation didn't take long..."Do you want to think about a different ship or itinary this time?" "Well.........no." Each time we've had a different cruise director. The first year was Paul B. who was wonderful. Last year we enjoyed Linda who is, I hear, not on the Sun this year. One person I have missed was a fabulous hairdresser from England who cut/highlighted my hair on the first Sun cruise in June,2002. She wrote out her cut and the colors used and I still have it. I understand she became the salon manager on their sister ship, Marco Polo. If I heard she were on the Dawn or something, I might consider a switch. :) We're still relatively new at this...my husband wouldn't go on a cruise for years. Thought he would hate it. After our last cruise he decided it was the best vacation we'd ever had. Well, I've rambled on long enough. If you can't be there, I guess talking about being there is the next best thing.

Archived