Cabin Categories on Riviera

surfyachtie

Hi All

We are cruising on Riviera on June 6th and have been allocated a Concierge A4 Cabin (as yet i dont not which one)

I am trying to confirm how the numbers work ie A1 A2 A3 A4 in relation to whereabouts on the deck. I have a fair idea but an explanation from the gurus here would be great.

Regards to All

Hi All

We are cruising on Riviera on June 6th and have been allocated a Concierge A4 Cabin (as yet i dont not which one)

I am trying to confirm how the numbers work ie A1 A2 A3 A4 in relation to whereabouts on the deck. I have a fair idea but an explanation from the gurus here would be great.

Regards to All

b_115800.jpg

All of the Category A4 Cabins are on Deck 9, but you will only find them forward and aft of the Staircase/Elevator towers, as the center section of that deck is made up entirely of A3 Cabins.

Hi Jim and Stan

I thought i might get a reply from you as i have certainly seen a lot of information posted and it has been extremely helpful to me to determine which cruise line to go on. (Please note FDR!) .But a further query.. am i right in saying that the 4 categories represent Forward Port, Forward Starboard, Aft Port and Aft Starboard? and in which order.

Many Thanks for your good work

Regards

Hi Jim and Stan

I thought i might get a reply from you as i have certainly seen a lot of information posted and it has been extremely helpful to me to determine which cruise line to go on. (Please note FDR!) .But a further query.. am i right in saying that the 4 categories represent Forward Port, Forward Starboard, Aft Port and Aft Starboard? and in which order.

Many Thanks for your good work

Regards

Thanks for the kind words, but I'm afraid that you have missed the way that the cabin categories are distributed completely.

I'll try to explain in another way, completely:

014825.jpg Using this Legend, we can see that Category A1 through A4 cabins are color coded in various shades of lavender.

194124.jpg

There are 4 A1 Cabins tucked behind the (Green) Vista Suites on Deck 12

003942.jpg

Four More A1's are amidships on Deck 11, with two further A2 cabins tucked in further aft among the Penthouse's.

000407.jpg

On Deck 10 there are 34 A1 Cabins, just behind the large block of (baby blue) Penthouse 3's, with another 26 A2 cabins aft of them.

115800.jpg

Finally, on Deck 9, 64 A4 cabins (40 forward, 24 aft) bracket 64 A3 cabins which occupy the center section of the ship.

Hope that this is of some help-

Have a fantastic cruise, you will LOVE the Riviera!

Hi Jim and Stan

You are right i completely missed that! Not sure how but maybe a measure of the excitement we have for this cruise and the ship.

Again thank you for sorting this out and im sure there would be others who may have the same problem that are now sighing with releif that i was the dumb one to ask!:)

Regards

If you get one of the forward A4s, either Port or Starboard, you'll be close to the Concierge Lounge, which is one of the perks of Conciege. Being close makes it convenient to duck out in the morning and get some fresh coffee or juice and danish much quicker than room service. We were once in 9026, right across from the door to the lounge, and it was great. No noise or disturbance and awesome convenience, better than any other concierge location in my opinion (I've been in other locations in concierge and never bothered to use the lounge because it was too far away).

• 3 months later...
Similar cabin question in regards to the A1 - 4 cabins. Why are there stars beside some of the cabins in the various deck plans? Thanks, everyone.

Jim was nice enough to post the legend in the photo on his last post.

* is Triple with sofa bed.

And thank-you to O's web designers for the improvements to the interactive deck plan view. JimandStan's deck plan posts were often better because they'd post larger images and were easier to read. Theirs still come with a good explanation though!

I'm a much bigger fan of the size and clarity of the plans on:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/index.php

Which are free for anyone to use. ;)

Thanks for the link. As you say, very clear. Overall a nice and clean looking website w/o a lot of clutter.

I notice their cabin statistics on the R ships are a little out of sync with O's but like that deck plans for so many vessels can be viewed in one place. I assume if I signed up I would see some of your fine photo work details?

Archived