Foreign National Cruise to Bahamas

Opie

Greetings Cruise Critic friends! I've been getting some mixed signals from travel agents and the Bahamian Embassy on the following question so I thought I'd go to the people that probably have the answer - the trustworthy Cruise Critic Forums!

Do Ukrainian nationals with a US tourist visa need a Bahamian tourist visa in their passport if they are visiting the Bahamas from a cruise ship? In the past I understand that this hasn't been necessary, but the Bahamian website says otherwise and it is a logistical challenge to get this before our possible cruise. Thank you for your comments in advance!

Understood - what I'm really seeking is any personal experiences over the past few months. I'm trying to find out if any foreign nationals on this board have been to the Bahamas recently via cruise ship, and if so, if they needed a visa to disembark. Regardless of what the embassy or travel agents say, it is up to the officials at the port to make the decision - so I'm just looking for recent personal experiences.

Thank you. The Bahamian Embassy is doesn't have their act together, since they suggest that policy is no longer active, while still maintaining that document on their website. Very frustrating.

Archived