British Colonial Hilton - Pics and Menu

LamenLaur

If you have 4 people, can you "pool" all the food/drink vouchers and just pay for what you want with what you have left? Reason I'm asking is: It's me, my DH and two DDs, both minors. No way will they eat $40 worth of food each .... I, on the other, hand, would not have a problem 'drinking' the rest of their voucher money ;) Can I do that?

Edited to add another question: With a day pass at the Hilton - can you come and go as you please? I think ths is a great location to be able to relax, go shop at the straw market, come back and eat and relax, go back out into town, etc....

Yes, you can pool them as a family. Just make sure you let your server know in advance.

And yes, you can come and go as you please. Keep in mind, as we approach the winter months, it get's dark early, and the bar/grill will start to close around 4:30pm So make sure you plan your time.

,I need to use a scooter to get around, but I can walk with a cane short distance , if the pool has. Steps, and not a ladder I can get in, and swim, does either the Sheraton, or the Hilton have this type of pool?

,I need to use a scooter to get around, but I can walk with a cane short distance , if the pool has. Steps, and not a ladder I can get in, and swim, does either the Sheraton, or the Hilton have this type of pool?

Hilton has steps and railing and sheraton has a zero entry pool.

Hilton is all on one level (entrance, lobby and exit to beach and pool)

Sheraton exits has stairs to the beach and pools.

Yes, you can pool them as a family. Just make sure you let your server know in advance.

And yes, you can come and go as you please. Keep in mind, as we approach the winter months, it get's dark early, and the bar/grill will start to close around 4:30pm So make sure you plan your time.

Perfect! Thank you :) We aren't going until April but the grill hours may be the same so we will keep that in mind. I heard that this pass was only good up until 5 p.m. anyway.

If you have 4 people, can you "pool" all the food/drink vouchers and just pay for what you want with what you have left? Reason I'm asking is: It's me, my DH and two DDs, both minors. No way will they eat $40 worth of food each .... I, on the other, hand, would not have a problem 'drinking' the rest of their voucher money ;) Can I do that?

Edited to add another question: With a day pass at the Hilton - can you come and go as you please? I think ths is a great location to be able to relax, go shop at the straw market, come back and eat and relax, go back out into town, etc....

We also have 2 adults w/2 fifteen year olds so we are also pooling our money!! They can get lunch and a soda and then Jen and I can spend the rest on a Pina Coloda!!! Yippe

Excited to try this Day pass. I usually don't even get off the ship in Nassau, but with newbies with us I thought we better find something fun to do. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I will be on Breakaway in March 2014 and I think that I would like to have a beach day at the Sheraton. Maybe this was already discussed but I wanted to know how much is it for the day pass and what that includes. Also, do you have to make a reservation or do they take walk ins. I am traveling with a few others and I am not sure if they are interested in going to the beach so I don't want to make plans ahead of time. Thanks.

I will be on Breakaway in March 2014 and I think that I would like to have a beach day at the Sheraton. Maybe this was already discussed but I wanted to know how much is it for the day pass and what that includes. Also, do you have to make a reservation or do they take walk ins. I am traveling with a few others and I am not sure if they are interested in going to the beach so I don't want to make plans ahead of time. Thanks.

At the moment, the sheraton is still $30pp. and includes non-motorized water toys like kayaks, mats and stand up paddle boards. It also includes snorkeling. If it's crowded, Ea. person gets 30 minutes at each, and you can sign up when you get there.

No advance passes, just walk ins. These water toys may change as they get worn out and broken and replaced. Some seasons they have trikes, it depends.

You are traveling during Spring Break. Sheraton sometimes turns away groups of young travelers to make sure the property is not overcome with partying breakers.

Thought I would pop in and give my 2 cents re: Hilton.

We went there in August. Nice short walk from the ship and the staff was GREAT!!!! If you can get past the fact that your "tropical beach" is smack dab in the middle of the industrial shipping channel/piers, you'll enjoy it.

The water was clean and warm and they have snorkel gear (not much to see) and other water "toys" that you can use for free.

The pool is very nice.

Lot's of comfy furniture by the pool, restaurant and beach.

Best feature: The real, fresh fruit Daiquiri's were THE BEST I HAVE EVER HAD!!! I got the strawberry mango. Heavenly fresh fruit and LOT'S of Rum :D!!!

So I'm exploring this option potentially for our upcoming brief stop in Nassau on the Allure the week of Thanksgiving (11/24 sailing). Problem is, as many may have heard, the Allure is having propulsion problems, and as such the word is that we'd be leaving port an hour earlier, 1pm instead of the usual 2pm. If this happens, our original excursion for a Blue Lagoon Island Beach Break will be cancelled (first ferry back to port from BLI isn't until 1pm). And therefore I'm looking for a potential Plan B, and this *might* fit the bill.

Only thing I'm wondering now is, given that the beach doesn't open until 9am, bar not until 11am, and lunch not until 11:30am, is this going to be worth it? I mean considering that our all-aboard could very likely be at 12:30pm, that would leave us with about 2 hours of beach time, then about an hour to utilize the $40 of food/drink and then we'd have to head out.

Any thoughts from those who have been there??

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We loved our day there!! It was just awesome. It was my friend and our two 15 year old Daughters and we never felt unsafe walking from the port. Check in was a breeze and we paid our remainder we owed and got our wrist bands and food credits. The resort grounds are very beautiful and the water was clear when we were there. I loved laying in my beach chair keeping an eye on my ship!!! LOL

The girls had a ball with the floaties and kayaks.

The staff was wonderful and the wifi worked great! We tried to eat and drink all our credit, but we just could not so we gave the rest to our server as a tip..I am glad they let us do that..We had almost $50 left over..I had margaritas and a couple pina coladas and the girls had virgin strawberry daquires.

Lunch was awesome..My daughter and I shared a meal..It was a giant cheeseburger and then we got 2 sides of the grilled shrimp added on for Josie with some french fries to share..more than enough food for both of us and it was very good! We loved it all.

Usually I do not get off the ship in Nassau, but since my friend was with us and it was her first time I thought I would give this a try...It was wonderful and I will be returning if I am ever on a ship that does stop in Nassau.

The hotel was beautiful and the pool area was gorgeous! It was a great day!

Glad I booked it ahead of time. I read that sometimes with a lot of ships in port that they turn people away..It was not crowded at all when we were there.

Our ship was in port till Midnight and even after we settled our bill at 5pm which is the ending time our server told us we could hang out as long as we wanted..Very nice staff!

Edited by BABYJOSIE98

• 3 weeks later...
We loved our day there!! It was just awesome. It was my friend and our two 15 year old Daughters and we never felt unsafe walking from the port. Check in was a breeze and we paid our remainder we owed and got our wrist bands and food credits. The resort grounds are very beautiful and the water was clear when we were there. I loved laying in my beach chair keeping an eye on my ship!!! LOL

The girls had a ball with the floaties and kayaks.

The staff was wonderful and the wifi worked great! We tried to eat and drink all our credit, but we just could not so we gave the rest to our server as a tip..I am glad they let us do that..We had almost $50 left over..I had margaritas and a couple pina coladas and the girls had virgin strawberry daquires.

Lunch was awesome..My daughter and I shared a meal..It was a giant cheeseburger and then we got 2 sides of the grilled shrimp added on for Josie with some french fries to share..more than enough food for both of us and it was very good! We loved it all.

Usually I do not get off the ship in Nassau, but since my friend was with us and it was her first time I thought I would give this a try...It was wonderful and I will be returning if I am ever on a ship that does stop in Nassau.

The hotel was beautiful and the pool area was gorgeous! It was a great day!

Glad I booked it ahead of time. I read that sometimes with a lot of ships in port that they turn people away..It was not crowded at all when we were there.

Our ship was in port till Midnight and even after we settled our bill at 5pm which is the ending time our server told us we could hang out as long as we wanted..Very nice staff!

Thank you for the info! I am thinking of spending the day at the Hilton with my son next month. What was the path you walked from the ship to the hotel?

You basically just come off the ship and through the terminal area and head to the right along the side walk. It is along a street...You go toward Senor Frogs and then make a left and you will run right into the Hilton on the right hand side..There is a McDonalds across from it too...We got us a coke there...Funny!

It is very easy to find and a very short walk....No worries!

You go right in the front entrance and to the customer service desk and they will get you set up.

I was really impressed..Very nice way to spend the day in Nassau!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at booking at the Hilton for next week.

Is there any difference between booking through Island Marketing vs Resort 4 a Day?

R4D has this language:

Child pass pricing applies to children ages 6-12. Children 5 and under play and eat FREE! If you’re traveling with children ages 5 and under, please email us AFTER you have booked so we may add them to your reservation.

But Island Marketing doesn't say anything like that. Is there some free food given to kids 5 and under? We have 3 of them in our our group.

I'm looking at booking at the Hilton for next week.

Is there any difference between booking through Island Marketing vs Resort 4 a Day?

R4D has this language:

Child pass pricing applies to children ages 6-12. Children 5 and under play and eat FREE! If you’re traveling with children ages 5 and under, please email us AFTER you have booked so we may add them to your reservation.

But Island Marketing doesn't say anything like that. Is there some free food given to kids 5 and under? We have 3 of them in our our group.

It's the exact same pass. There's no reason to add them, since there is no fee or voucher for the little ones. and no.. there is no food allowance for kids under 5, but you can either share your voucher $$ or purchase seperately.

I am thinking this is the way to go! Great thread of info! We walked around last time and ended at Junkanoo Beach for the day (just past the Hilton). It was fun and for a free spot not too shabby. But you have to negotiate for chair/lounges which are not cheap and is right by a busy road. But looking at this it will be nice for 3 adults and 6 teens to enjoy and relax. Looking forward to the real fruit daquries.:cool:

Though we will miss going to Senor Frog's to eat and drink. We have gone to one each time. Might have to stop any way for at least one drink...

Edited by code_d

I plan on getting the Hilton Day Passes for next week. Our cruise arrives in port at 12:00. And I have read that the pools/beaches close around 5:00 or 5:30. Does that leave enough time to make it worth your while? And what else is within walking distance that is worth seeing if we wanted to leave the Hilton, or find something to do after the pools and beaches close?

Definitely is enough time- 3 weeks ago our ship was there at 12 we were there around 12:45. It's really close to port and if you go straight there you won't have to wait in a line at the front desk. It was worth it. Plus when we booked it we were able to get a $40 food voucher with it so it was definitely worth while. Plus very thing is right there within walking distance so when you leave there you can do anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums