British Colonial Hilton - Pics and Menu

LamenLaur

For those who may be interested in the menu for the Patio Grille that you can use the day pass voucher for at the British Colonial Hilton. I'll post pictures of the Hilton in a reply post.

8285036401_8f05149a9c_c.jpg

8286094566_222b665398_c.jpg

Grouper Fingers (delicious)

8285036001_56c70780ed_c.jpg

Burger:

8286094148_fe37e07bc3_c.jpg

I just booked this thru Island marketing . $60 each includes pool , beach , towels , and a $40. meal voucher each. Will do better than I thought in terms of choices of food in budget. Thanks for posting this. Fran

Edited by Rockapulco
corrected tour operator

Thank you for the menu and pics! We will be there in two weeks.

Can you walk to the Hilton? The food voucher can be used for alcohol? Saw where the Shearaton went up to 30 dollars and then the taxi ride the Hilton's looking better.

Thanks Carrie

Yes, you can walk, and the food voucher can be used for food and drinks, so you should be able to get a meal, drink, and maybe something extra. Also I understand there is a swim up pool bar. If you run out of voucher funds, I think the bar only takes credit cards, but I might be confused with another place. I've been researching a lot of places lately. :D

Thank you for the menu and pics! We will be there in two weeks.

Yes, you can walk, and the food voucher can be used for food and drinks, so you should be able to get a meal, drink, and maybe something extra. Also I understand there is a swim up pool bar. If you run out of voucher funds, I think the bar only takes credit cards, but I might be confused with another place. I've been researching a lot of places lately. :D

Yes, the food voucher can be used on food and drinks.. and during the summer they sometimes have ice cream.

There is no swim up bar.. it's just a small private pool.. quiet and relaxing, no jumping or diving.

Credit cards or vouchers for payment at the Bar. No Cash. Most of the hotels are doing this.

Thank you for the pictures! The hotel looks really nice. But, wow, I thought drinks on the ship were expensive. :)

Lol - we're from the NYC area, and those prices seem pretty reasonable (a glass of wine is $12 here). The prices on the ship seem really inexpensive to us!

Word of advice, I'd hold off on reserving and make sure that I like the place before I put $60 a person down. The Hilton does offer convenience because of location and its relaxing but I found it "too close" to the ships, the food options are limited and overpriced as are the drinks.

If time allows you, take the jitney to the Sheraton and get that "open water" feel, away from the ships. They have live music playing, swim up bar . . . I just found it to be a better experience and the jitney's are always fun. Much more of a "vacation vibe" than I got at the Hilton . . . and I spent less money overall as a group, and that included food/drinks at the Sheraton, drinks at the Daq Shack across from the Sheraton and a stop at the Fish Fry where I had 6 huge conch fritters and a Kalik for $6.

Word of advice, I'd hold off on reserving and make sure that I like the place before I put $60 a person down. The Hilton does offer convenience because of location and its relaxing but I found it "too close" to the ships, the food options are limited and overpriced as are the drinks.

If time allows you, take the jitney to the Sheraton and get that "open water" feel, away from the ships. They have live music playing, swim up bar . . . I just found it to be a better experience and the jitney's are always fun. Much more of a "vacation vibe" than I got at the Hilton . . . and I spent less money overall as a group, and that included food/drinks at the Sheraton, drinks at the Daq Shack across from the Sheraton and a stop at the Fish Fry where I had 6 huge conch fritters and a Kalik for $6.

We were originally going to go with the Sheraton, but we wanted some place much more relaxing and quiet. Thus, we went with the Hilton. It's definitely a matter of preference. We loved being able to see the ships from where we were. One of them was running a life boat drill and they were all put in the water. Really interesting to see.

Good pics:) We did the hilton just as a day pass last year. Weren't sure what we were going to do so just approached the desk the day of. I thought it was great. It was quiet, relaxing. I think the price was fair... and FWIW they had the best pina coladas!

where do you pick up the jitney? we did the hilton last time and liked it and this time it will just be me and dd so either we will do atlantis thru the ship or if it is easy enough take the jitney. we are adult females and know the deal when traveling and have done lots of it...so we are not happy to be hasseled by locals ..just want to easily get to the sheraton...is that possible?

To get to the jitney-last time, we got off the ship, went through the port building, and turned left, went to the end of the dock area (straw market)-i think there was a senior frogs, and then went one block to the left, up one more block turned left and there they were-and these are short blocks. We loved the Sheritan, but we didn't eat or drink there, just used the pools and the beach.

where do you pick up the jitney? we did the hilton last time and liked it and this time it will just be me and dd so either we will do atlantis thru the ship or if it is easy enough take the jitney. we are adult females and know the deal when traveling and have done lots of it...so we are not happy to be hasseled by locals ..just want to easily get to the sheraton...is that possible?

Yes, you can easily take the jitney to Sheraton. The bus stop is at the corner of Bay Street and George Street. You need the #10 bus. Just tell the driver you want to get off at Sheraton.

Just booked the day pass for the Hilton for our upcoming March cruise. We wanted something quiet and relaxing and with 17000+ people in port on our day we figured it was our best chance :-)

Sent from my tablet using Tapatalk HD.

Good choice for some quiet during spring break. Hilton tries hard to keep the breakers at bay..