HMC Horseback Riding

bobchico

Yes you will be uncomfortable. First off the saddles are leather and your bare legs will rub back and forth when riding. You might not feel it in the beginning but later on you will. Also you go through some areas where there is kind of like scrub bushes that can and do scratch your legs. Smart thing to do is wear a pair of jeans/long pants over your bathing suits and then take them off for the water portion.

Granted its been a few years since we did this, but we used the same horse during the water portion as the land portion, just took off the saddle and had a blanket/pad to sit on.

I will say it was FABULOUS. We had a great time, but do wear at least capris for the land portion.

I have one question regarding the horseback riding. Do they have any type of mounting blocks available, either at the stables, or at the beach. As I've gotten older, I find it's not as easy to mount from the ground as it used to be. (Could have something to do with my current mount being 17'), but I used to be able to mount a 16' 2" horse from the ground in college.

If the capris get dirty, they will get cleaned on the water portion. BTW not sure if you know since it was a surprised to us, they do have the horses gallup when they are in the water. That is when you are on the horse bare back. It was quite a thrill, but some people got really scared. They don't mention this in the description.

If the capris get dirty, they will get cleaned on the water portion. BTW not sure if you know since it was a surprised to us, they do have the horses gallup when they are in the water. That is when you are on the horse bare back. It was quite a thrill, but some people got really scared. They don't mention this in the description.

I would love a horseback ride but not bare back in the water, especially if they get them to gallop. :eek:

I would imagine they will retain the wet horse smell! I would plan on changing after the ride.

Thanks, I was thinking I would wear capris just for the land portion and change to some nylon shorts that will dry quickly for the sea portion. Good to know there are changing rooms provided. :p Will just plan on sending those capris to the laundry asap.

I did know that the horses gallop -- the reviews for excursions are a wealth of information. :D It sounds like fun!

yes they have mounting blocks - you will have no problem getting on -its a great trip enjoy

Thank you so much. That was my last worry about the excursion. Looking forward to a gallop - haven't done that in years. Currently do mainly trail riding & riding on the gravel roads where my horse lives, not too much opportunity to get out of a jog.

Archived