Serenade with kids??

I have cruised on both the Mariner and the Serenade. I don't have any children, but thought I would go ahead and give it a shot. The Mariner as you know has many activities onboard from ice skating and so on. The Serenade is a great ship and does have miniature golf and a rock climbing wall, but lacks some of the things aboard the Mariner. It is a much smaller ship and does not have the royal promenade that being said I believe your kids are young enough that they will not be bored. However if I could chose between the two it would Serenade all the way.

Taking my 10 yr old daughter in 2 weeks time !!!!!

Will let you know what I think. We are a bit worried as use to Freedom and Liberty.... lots to do.

Serenade was going out of Dubai which is why we decided to try it.

Daughter is well traveled, but very excited to be going somewhere "different".

Taking my 10 yr old daughter in 2 weeks time !!!!!

Will let you know what I think. We are a bit worried as use to Freedom and Liberty.... lots to do.

Thanks, Lindyloo17 - look forward to hearing about your experience!

We have cruised Mariner twice with our young kids (4, 6) and are thinking of going on Serenade with them. Anyone have any experiences to share regarding children? Good, bad or otherwise?!?

The Serenade was much more sedate to me. I dont have any kids, but I can tell you that it seemed that there were less children on that ship than my cruises on Voyager and Freedom Class ships

Adventure Ocean has most of the same activities no matter the size of the shiip. And at 4 and 6YO those are the types of activities that the kids are going to be most interested in. They are a bit young to really "need" the flash of the ice skating rink, the flow riders, the zip lines.

As to the 10YO going out of Dubai -- probably will be fewer kids but there should be lots of great sights in port.

I suppose a lot has to do with the kids. Our DD (now 17YO) has travelled with us since she was an infant (37 states, 20 countries) and she will adapt to the situation and enjoy herself no matter what. Our last cruise (Baltic, late summer) there were very few American kids her age -- but she really enjoyed our tablemates (all adults), was facinated by the ports, and found three Portuguese teens about her age that she "hung out" with on the sea days.

We are sailing Serenade with our almost 5yo and 11month old in May ... we would have loved to have done a bigger ship again (loved Indy last time) but the itinerary suited us much better on Serenade - we are pretty hopefully that it will be a hit for us!

Archived