Freedom show times question...

ejeffo

So I see that there are very few show times available for my Freedom sailing in April. Does this mean that they are "selling" out? Or do they save some tickets for people who want to reserve it once aboard? I would hate to get on board and find out I cannot see the shows.

As far as I know (and we're going on the Freedom in just over 2 weeks), the only show that you need a ticket for is the ice show. All the other shows are open to anyone who wants to go see it - no ticket needed.

I was on Freedom 1/13/13. The shows are either at 7pm or 9pm. So it just depends on which seating you have for dinner and how fast you eat! Since I was with my mother in law, we had early seating at 5:30pm. We went to the 9pm shows, although there was one couple at our table who were able to see the early show each night as they were not picky about where they sat. For us, since MIL is partially blind and needed a front row seat, we stuck with the later show. No sea passes were scanned EXCEPT for the ICE SHOW.

Thanks for the reply... I thought that was the case too, but they are all available to reserve online. Anyone have recent experience?

You only need for the ice show. However, there will be a table somewhere on deck 5 that you can reserve the other show if you want. This really is not needed.

I'm assuming that some time in the future they may go the way of Oasis and Allure, but right now--no. Just as has been stated up thread--your sea pass is only scanned at the ice show. I went to the bother of reserving everything ahead of time and it wasn't necessary at all. The CD, Graham Seymour, explains this in the 'welcome aboard' show too.

I see the show times on RCCL website, but what are the Dinner seatings? 5:30 or 6:00 and 8:00 or 8:30? If late dinner is at 8pm then it would not be possible to see the 7 or 9 show if the show is 90 mins.

Dinner seatings are usually 6pm and 8:30pm.

I have heard the times changed to 5:30 and 8:00, but I can't find it in writing.

If the dining times have changed, then the show times will be changed accordingly. Call Royal customer service and find out for sure.

Thanks Sherri. I do see on RCCL website that two shows are 90 mins (Marquee and Now you see it). Now you see it is at 7 and 9, so with our 8pm seating we either will miss the end of a show or the beginning of the other. Did you see that show?

The website must be wrong:D, all of the shows were 45 min. Sometimes they may run over a little bit but it was never a problem to go to the 7 pm show and make our 8 pm dinner. Our favorite production show was Once Upon A Time, and the headliner show, John Joseph & Johnny B, was really good. Now You See It is ok, but not one I would sit through again.

Sherri

My husband just reminded me that Marquee was our only after dinner show, sure enough, I looked on the compass and he is right (don't tell him!). We went to the 1045pm show. There was a 9 pm show also.

Sherri

So I "booked" Once Upon a Time and Marquee at 9PM, my dinner time is 8PM. According to the planner the show times are 55 minutes.... aka 9:00-9:55. We will be eating at Chops before Once Upon a Time, 7:00-9:00. We may be eating at another venue before the Marquee show.

Archived