Vancouver Hotel Location

For the OP , I just recently booked Delta Suites on Hotwire, bid for a 4* like putterdude said and that is what I got. I am happy with that , it looks to be central location and not too far from Canada Place. Am not sure if we should take a cab from Canada Place or walk it or sky train , we are still trying to figure that out.

Cori

Putter,

Seriously! :)

waits for a train

You make it sound like forever. LOL! It's 8 minutes between trains isn't it. Had a business where I had to train out of the airport on a daily basis. 90%+ of the time my longest wait was 3 minutes.

Putter,

You make it sound like forever. LOL! It's 8 minutes between trains isn't it. Had a business where I had to train out of the airport on a daily basis. 90%+ of the time my longest wait was 3 minutes.

Yes, I am serious....its all part of the time elapsed from YVR to Canada Place and that is why it when you add all the components of the trip it is no faster than a taxi despites assertions to the contrary. It is only cheaper and that is because it is heavily subsidized through multiple levels of taxation. It is definitely not convenient if you are schlepping a bunch of luggage or have mobility issues. As person who has a disabled wife I get tired as this be a "one size fits all" answer to transferring to from YVR to Canada Place .... its good but it's not for everyone.

Putter,

I'm pretty sure it's 6 minutes between trains during the day. You'd often wait longer than that to get the front of the taxi line at Canada Place or Balantyne. I'm with you on this one, it's faster than taking a taxi, especially during a weekday.

Thanks...For a 69 & a 70y/o after cross country flights, I think a taxi is the better part of valor. If we only had carryon luggage, we might try the Skytrain. EM

While the Canada Line cars are designed to handle luggage, as we are pretty close your age....I can identify with what you are saying.

Archived