Rebellious Fish Glass

WaldosPepper

Hello, we will be on the Jewel 2/17........what is in that drink in the fish glass?..looks yummy.....years ago we went on the NCL Wind...at the private island we each got a beer in a tall white plastic glass with logos and pics on them....I still use those glasses today logs and pics all but faded away all though if one looks close still can see a Bacardi logo....in fact I have one right next to me know:) I alternate them each day for water....I love souvenir glasses...have a neon pink plastic wine glass from Princess..I use that when we are camping...and I just had to throw away my Princess insulated coffee mug...I am planning on buying a NCL one when on the Jewel...we also have these small aperitif kind of glasses with different colored ball shaped things on the bottom...cant remember what cruise they were from..we also got 2 champagne glasses as a gift from Princess on a cruise....are there any other souvenir glasses available on the Jewel beside the no longer available fish one?????

Thanks

Marianne

So I was kind on a mission to get my grubby mitts on one of these glasses. We were on the Epic last month and I asked a crew member which bar I could get a rebellious fish in since I never saw it on any menu. He called someone on his portable ship phone who relayed that any bar could make it. The guy kept calling a "bellious" fish, haha. Anyway, I ordered one at Shaker's and asked the bartender about the fishbowl glass. He told me he hadn't seen one in months. I was bummed out. Imagine my surprise when like the very next day, the rebellious fish was the "drink of the day" in the Freestyle Daily and was "served in a souvenir glass." I hauled my butt down to the Atrium cafe and inquired as to what the souvenir glass looked like and out came the infamous fishbowl glass! Imagine my excitement. I immediately ordered two.

So I was kind on a mission to get my grubby mitts on one of these glasses. We were on the Epic last month and I asked a crew member which bar I could get a rebellious fish in since I never saw it on any menu. He called someone on his portable ship phone who relayed that any bar could make it. The guy kept calling a "bellious" fish, haha. Anyway, I ordered one at Shaker's and asked the bartender about the fishbowl glass. He told me he hadn't seen one in months. I was bummed out. Imagine my surprise when like the very next day, the rebellious fish was the "drink of the day" in the Freestyle Daily and was "served in a souvenir glass." I hauled my butt down to the Atrium cafe and inquired as to what the souvenir glass looked like and out came the infamous fishbowl glass! Imagine my excitement. I immediately ordered two.

Well I'm really getting excited to find out if somehow they have been replenished and will be available when we sail next month. They weren't available on any ships in October, but then folks got them on the Jewel in November, and now the Epic in January, so I am feeling a bit more optimistic now! :D:D:D

• 1 month later...

We got 2 of those bowl glasses 2 weeks ago on Dawn - yes they have changed - they are now hard plastic and have the wording "Norwegians Drink From The Bowl" all around the bowl glass, and it also has the NCL logo saying "Cruise Like A Norwegian".

We got 2 of those bowl glasses 2 weeks ago on Dawn - yes they have changed - they are now hard plastic and have the wording "Norwegians Drink From The Bowl" all around the bowl glass, and it also has the NCL logo saying "Cruise Like A Norwegian".

Really? The ones I got last week on the Jewel are glass, and say "Ah, so this is what they mean by sea legs." They have the rebellious fish image on them also, but no NCL logo.

Perhaps the Jewel received a shipment of glasses from the original purveyor, but the Dawn has already received the replacements. Very interesting.

I'm glad I was able to get the glass ones, as I'm not crazy about plastic glasses, but I can can certainly appreciate that there is a lot less risk of breakage with the plastic version, not to mention cost-efficiency.

I hope they have not gone plastic, I dislike the plastic glasses..

I have 3 half filled with Bermuda pink sand and a tealight in the center..I love to look at them...

"I could drink this faster if I had gills..."

and

"Can you swim a straight line..."

Wanted to add to them but not if they're plastic.

Archived