Jewel and first time on RC

Hi all, We are interested in booking a cruise on the Jewel. I read alot of great reviews. Just wanted to know if the beds are comfortable in the cabins? Do they offer mattress toppers if you need one? Is there wear and tear in the cabin and the bathroom?

Any help would be appreciated!

Hi all, We are interested in booking a cruise on the Jewel. I read alot of great reviews. Just wanted to know if the beds are comfortable in the cabins? Do they offer mattress toppers if you need one? Is there wear and tear in the cabin and the bathroom?

Any help would be appreciated!

Royal does have egg crate tyoe mattress toppers. Just ask your stateroom attendant as soon as you can because they have a limited supply.

I find the bedding on Royal to be comfortable and to my liking. Of course what is comfortable to me might be a bed of nails to someone else. That brings me to this story.... I was recently on the Independence in December, I had one cabin for three days and then shifted to another cabin for the 8 day cruise. In the first cabin it was the first time I thought the bed was poor... I really was not comfortable at all. At the end of the 3 days when they were stripping the room in preparation for the next guests, I saw what the problem was.... the bed had a foam topper. Wasn't a good fit for me! The next room did not have a topper and I found the bed to comfortable as usual. Bottom line.... YMMV!

As far as wear and tear on the Jewel... was on board about 18 months ago and did not see anything that would cause concern. Of course you may be able to spot something amiss.... it's hard to take 2500 people off and put 2500 people in their place and not have something dinged up. Royal takes good care of their ships.

Just off the Jewel in Jan and there is very little wear and tear. Some railings are worn down, but when we were on you could tell that they just recently re-varnished parts, so I think it is an ongoing process. We were in a Grand Suite and notice the bras fixtures were a little worn, but in no way effected the overall cruise. I would not hesitate to go on the Jewel again. It has been my favorite ship so far. You can see water and the outside literally from every where on the ship.

Can someone tell me what time we can expect to get off Jewel when we get back to Tampa?

If there is no problem with fog, the ship gets in around 6:30-7am and we were able to walk off with our luggage around 7:30. If you have luggage out the night before, then you have to leave the ship based on your color/number. I think the last group gets off a little after 9 am.

Archived