Embarkation Day lunch - MDR or buffet, what do you do?

kikki21

How late are the Mdr, Blue Lagoon and buffet open on embarkation day? Last time I boarded by 1:30 but this time my pcc told me I should be on board at about 3:00. Ship leaves at 5:00.

Off topic, but I can't resist.

First NCL cruise, TA booked us on a flight that was to ARRIVE IN FT LAUDERDALE at 1:30 ON THE DAY OF THE CRUISE. We didn't know any better. Flight was late. The NCL person who greeted us at the airport said, "No time for luggage" and frantically got us to the ship. We were the last ones on. People just kept saying, run, run run. So we ran on. No luggage. No Muster drill. We walked around in the same clothes for two days, then somehow, at no cost to us, and due to something that was not their fault in any way, NCL STILL had our luggage to us in two days at the first stop, Cozumel. I was sold on NCL for life after that.

The next time we went, we got smart, and booked a flight for the day before. When we arrived in Detroit, it was CANCELLED UNTIL THE NEXT MORNING AT 8 AM! Some luck we have, huh? Anyway, it was on time and we arrived at the ship by 1:00.

Moral of the story #1 - give yourself LOTS of time to get on the ship!

Moral of the story #2 - don't check your bags

Moral of the story #3 - always sail NCL! :D

Glad the thread has had such a good debate going on! :) I got the tip to arrive early from previous CC tips and cruises so got that one down but then have always headed for the buffet not realising the MDR is open but now I do know, I will be heading to the Grand Pacific on the Jade! :)

Archived