Ever decorate a hotel room door?

I would like to do something this next cruise so my father-in-law can recognize his door. It's his first cruise! I thought maybe if we put a magnet way up on top so kids can't reach it might work. Any other ideas?

On my first cruise I made up some decorations for the door (an idea I learned about on the Carnival board on Cruise Critic). I got round craft foam and little sea themed foam pieces to go on them. I made a bunch of them, in case any vanished. They were easy and cheap to make, and livened up the door. It did make it much easier when walking down that LONG LONG corridor with all those matching doors to find your room without having to pay that much attention.

And to the OP, I haven't decorated hotel doors myself, BUT I've been to plenty of hotels where people have, especially during science fiction/fantasy conventions. I think it's awesome to see what people come up with.

Yes, actually. When traveling with a group, we usually decorated our doors in hotels to identify rooms of the group members to others who may not be so sure which rooms are ours. We always just use a simple paper print out and have never had anything messed with or go missing. That said, we have also always brought extras "just in case" but have never needed them.

I am actively involved in Greyhound adoption. So if you are on a cruise I am on, you WILL see my door decorated with awesome photos of my four Greyhounds, along with the national web address for Greyhound Pets of America. A cruise is an excellent opportunity to spread the word about what greyt pets these dogs make in a fun manner. Most people who see me going in my cabin stop and tell me how much they enjoyed my photos.

Once a year I take my elderly, legally blind Mother-In-Law on a cruise. Without the photos on the door she would have a very difficult time finding our cabin since the door numbers are very small and the lightening is less then optimal for her limited vision. She finds the decorated door very helpful.

For my family, hotel rooms are simply a place to lay our heads for the night, while a cruise door is the entrance to our home for the week.

DSCN0120.jpg

I would like to do something this next cruise so my father-in-law can recognize his door. It's his first cruise! I thought maybe if we put a magnet way up on top so kids can't reach it might work. Any other ideas?

What makes you think it's just short, young or little kids stealing door decorations?

If only the doors were numbered..... :p

:):D, not something I personally 'get' but each to their own! On our last cruise I had a slight senior moment once or twice gaining my bearings coming out of the lifts as they had lifts port & starboard.

Once my room key would not work despite 20 attempts of in & out of the slot, I was also irritated as to why my husband had placed the do not disturb sign out, I was just about to knock loudly on 'our' door when I realised I was on the opposite corridor & it was not room 9215..... cue slinking back to the lifts very red faced:o

Our friend turned 40 on our last cruise. So we decorated his door with a whole bunch of "over the hill" signs along with lots of funny pictures of him. We snuck in there before the rooms opened up and did it so he was surprised when we got there.

Archived