Booking on board and IT problems

MS52

I booked our next year's cruise when I was onboard the Enchantment this January. (Nice obc since it's a 10 day)

When I look at 'my cruises' it says that I booked with a travel agent and won't let me do anything on my account. No modifications or linking of reservations. We usually travel with a group and I take care of linking, dinner reservations, etc

I called Crown and Anchor twice and they say there's nothing that can be done. (Don't really believe that).

My sister also booked right after us and she has complete control of her reservation.

At the top of her reservation it says VACATION PLANNER USA

At the top of our reservation it says ROYAL ONBOARD CRUISE SALES

Anybody ever have experience with this? I guess it's not really a big deal, I just have to call when I want something changed. :rolleyes: I would rather do it myself!

I booked our next year's cruise when I was onboard the Enchantment this January. (Nice obc since it's a 10 day)

When I look at 'my cruises' it says that I booked with a travel agent and won't let me do anything on my account. No modifications or linking of reservations. We usually travel with a group and I take care of linking, dinner reservations, etc

I called Crown and Anchor twice and they say there's nothing that can be done. (Don't really believe that).

My sister also booked right after us and she has complete control of her reservation.

At the top of her reservation it says VACATION PLANNER USA

At the top of our reservation it says ROYAL ONBOARD CRUISE SALES

Anybody ever have experience with this? I guess it's not really a big deal, I just have to call when I want something changed. :rolleyes: I would rather do it myself!

Did you happen to book your Enchantment cruise with a TA? If so, then when you booked your cruise for next year, it was automatically turned over the the TA on file. Once your booking is turned over to a TA, you have lost control of it and all additions/corrections must be done by the TA.

No, I've always booked directly with Royal Caribbean. When I call C & A, they can't tell me why it did what it did, just that they can't change it.

I have thought about switching to a travel agent and scoring some more obc since I don't have control of it anyway. According to their website, I have 60 days to do that.

No, I've always booked directly with Royal Caribbean. When I call C & A, they can't tell me why it did what it did, just that they can't change it.

I have thought about switching to a travel agent and scoring some more obc since I don't have control of it anyway. According to their website, I have 60 days to do that.

Then I would ask to speak to the Resolutions Department and ask that the reservation be removed from the TA that they have on file. Just call 1-800-327-6700 which is the regular RCI number for booking a cruise. If all else fails, call Executive Customer Service at 1-888-767-4644.

Have you ever booked with that TA?

I booked a week on the Allure a couple years ago using a next cruise certificate then decided to do a B2B so I called and booked the following week using another next cruise certificate.

Next time I went into "my cruises" I had lost control of both weeks! Couldn't even make payments online. Never used a TA, always dealt directly with RCCL. After weeks of calling different times and being told there was nothing that could be done, I finally got a rep who said, oh, I can fix that...just let me unlink the two weeks.

Bingo she unlinked them and told me to wait a few weeks and call back to have them linked as a consecutive cruise.

No problems after that. So, keep calling and maybe you'll get someone who can help.

Then I would ask to speak to the Resolutions Department and ask that the reservation be removed from the TA that they have on file. Just call 1-800-327-6700 which is the regular RCI number for booking a cruise. If all else fails, call Executive Customer Service at 1-888-767-4644.

Have you ever booked with that TA?

NEVER booked with a TA - I like having control if my reservation.

I'll try resolutions - hadn't thought of that. Thanks

Royal Onboard Cruise Sales is the name for bookings made onboard. Vacation Planner USA is the name for bookings made online. I would bet your sister booked her Enchantment cruise online and checked the box to book the onboard cruise under her previous TA which would have been the online system.

Without changing the name (something not easily done and something that can cause a massive headache for you with IT glitches all over the place) there really isn't anything to be done.

You have total control over the booking but it does make it harder to do some things online.

Royal Onboard Cruise Sales is the name for bookings made onboard. Vacation Planner USA is the name for bookings made online. I would bet your sister booked her Enchantment cruise online and checked the box to book the onboard cruise under her previous TA which would have been the online system.

Nope, my sister had the appointment behind ours. Both reservations were made onboard.

I checked last year's reservation that we made on board and it was Vacation Planner USA - different from this years invoice. Both were made onboard. Go figure.

I spent another 40 minutes of my life on the phone with resolutions. They tried to be helpful. Putting me on hold and talking to IT and coming back, asking questions and putting me on hold......

IT's answer was that the reservation is 11 months out and it's too early to modify. I'll be able to make modifications and link reservations closer to the time. BU****it.

Since I don't have control over the reservation anymore, I'm moving it to a TA and getting another $100 in obc. I's not the way I wanted it but it's all good.

In 11 months and 10 days, I will be headed to the Caribbean. :cool:

On our last cruise we booked our March 2013 cruise. 6 cabins, 14 people. While on board we had them all linked and placed our travel agent on the reservation. Lo and behold we first realized when payments were coming due no cabins were linked and only a few had our travel agent on them. Took months and dozens of phone calls to correct.

Nope, my sister had the appointment behind ours. Both reservations were made onboard.

I checked last year's reservation that we made on board and it was Vacation Planner USA - different from this years invoice. Both were made onboard. Go figure.

I spent another 40 minutes of my life on the phone with resolutions. They tried to be helpful. Putting me on hold and talking to IT and coming back, asking questions and putting me on hold......

IT's answer was that the reservation is 11 months out and it's too early to modify. I'll be able to make modifications and link reservations closer to the time. BU****it.

Since I don't have control over the reservation anymore, I'm moving it to a TA and getting another $100 in obc. I's not the way I wanted it but it's all good.

In 11 months and 10 days, I will be headed to the Caribbean. :cool:

Yep you confirmed what I thought. I bet on your sister's onboard booking form she checked the little box that said she wanted it assigned to her previous TA (which would be Vacation Planner USA) and I bet you did not. Thus the difference.

I am not sure who Resolutions spoke to but there is not "IT" department that can be called. Email only and it takes WEEKS to get anything back. Ugh.

Also, not sure what you mean that you don't have control. You can still do whatever you want, you just need to call.

When you added this booking to your My Cruises account did you click the radio button asking if you want to take ownership of the reservation? One of the biggest flaws on the site is that you can only do this once and if you miss it (and it is often missed) you cannot go back and check "yes" and if you don't check "yes" you lose a lot of access on the site.

But if you want to switch to a TA go for it. Remember you have 60 days from the day you booked the ship and sail date to give it to a TA and once you do you can make no changes and have no discussions directly with Royal. But I'd go for it if the obc is enough!

Archived