Pullman-sofabed question

Luckycruising

Our cabin has both a pullman and a sofabed, but we are 3 in the cabin. My daughter doesn't want to sleep on the pullman, she wants the sofabed. Do i have to make sure to specify this to the cabin steward or do they always do the sofabed first by default? ( i also don't want to have a pullman bed over my head !!!!!).

We had the same setup on our Jan. cruise. We were on the Panorama deck on Carnival Liberty. Our daughter wanted the pullman because they are known to be more comfortable. We just requested that it be used and left down. Everyday the room steward would make the bed the same as ours but leave it in the down position. She had a nap every day before dinner so she could enjoy the nightly activities. If the sofa is made up it takes up space in the room, the pullman doesn't. I imagine they would put the sofa bed away during the day and set it up again at turn down. The pullman in our room was above the sofa, not the bed.

The sofa bed will not be made up during day into the sofa. It will be made up when you arrive the first day and will stay as a bed duringh the entire cruise.

We asked both our cabin steward (no) and asked at the front desk. We were told it was not Carnival's standard to have the sofa made back into a sofa each day.

We had the same setup on our Jan. cruise. We were on the Panorama deck on Carnival Liberty. Our daughter wanted the pullman because they are known to be more comfortable. We just requested that it be used and left down. Everyday the room steward would make the bed the same as ours but leave it in the down position. She had a nap every day before dinner so she could enjoy the nightly activities. If the sofa is made up it takes up space in the room, the pullman doesn't. I imagine they would put the sofa bed away during the day and set it up again at turn down. The pullman in our room was above the sofa, not the bed.

The sofa bed isn't a pull out type, it's a twin size day bed with bolsters at the back and drawers underneath....Usually, once it's made into a bed it remains dressed as a bed for the duration of the cruise....just like the other beds on the floor.

You will probably meet your cabin steward before evening turndown service so just tell him that you prefer the sofabed be made up and not the pullman.

Does anyone know how comfortable the sofa bed is? I would like to get an aft cabin with a larger balcony but our daughter says she doesn't want to sleep on the sofa bed. She thinks she will feel the space between the cushions. These aft rooms don't have pullmans but the bigger balcony would be great.

How do you know what type of bed(s) are in your room for the third person? Our 16 year old son will be with us and we have no idea what accommodations we will have for him, or perhaps for me...he's over 6'... about 6'2" i think... and will not fit of a sofa bed.

The correct answer depends on what ship you are booked on and the type of cabin (IS / OV / Balcony) you have as different classes of ships handle the 3rd and 4th passengers differently.

The convertible sofa and the upper berth pull down are both the same size as a the standard twin bed.

The correct answer depends on what ship you are booked on and the type of cabin (IS / OV / Balcony) you have as different classes of ships handle the 3rd and 4th passengers differently.

The convertible sofa and the upper berth pull down are both the same size as a the standard twin bed.

When we were on the Destiny (OV), our son slept on the sofa. I don't recall it having a mattress, he just put sheets on it every night. It was small and he didn't sleep well so he would nap on our bed during the day.

I just got off my 2nd Magic cruise. I slept on the sofa all week. In my opinion, the sofa is just as comfortable. My 15 yr old used one this past Aug and loved it. By default, they will make the sofa a bed for the duration unless you specify otherwise.

Jenn (Sent from my iPhone w/ Tapatalk)

Here's our cabin on the Dream. I didn't actually think the sofa bed was as wide as the twin beds were, but I didn't take my tape measure (this time). The room was left in this configuration for the duration as well.

535463_10151482185703408_100208476_n.jpg

Here's our cabin on the Dream. I didn't actually think the sofa bed was as wide as the twin beds were, but I didn't take my tape measure (this time). The room was left in this configuration for the duration as well.

Our sofa bed did not look like that. It was just a soft with sheets on it. I have a picture but I can't figure out how to post it on here. :o

Our sofa bed did not look like that. It was just a soft with sheets on it. I have a picture but I can't figure out how to post it on here. :o

That's all this is. They just take the back cushions off (in this case, they put them on the floor in front, in prior cruises they were under our bed), then put a sheet on the base, and voila, it's a bed.

That is how ours was. My hubby and 2 sons who were 8 n 9 at the time. Our steward made them up every day to a sofa and put the upper bunk away as well. If they dont it leaves for very little room during the day to change and move around:)

First cruise coming up next month on the Breeze. We have a 3 person Balcony booked. I obviously misunderstood when they listed it as a sofa bed. I thought they meant pull out sofa. Regardless, if I make it into a sofa each morning will they make it back into the bed each night? Doesn't really make a difference as I will do it if they don't (and I don't mind at all), I just know I want the sofa during the day.

First cruise coming up next month on the Breeze. We have a 3 person Balcony booked. I obviously misunderstood when they listed it as a sofa bed. I thought they meant pull out sofa. Regardless, if I make it into a sofa each morning will they make it back into the bed each night? Doesn't really make a difference as I will do it if they don't (and I don't mind at all), I just know I want the sofa during the day.

Knowing the hard working cabin stewards, if you make it into a sofa in the morning, he or she will get the hint by the second day and do this for you. I would be inclined to offer a bit extra of a tip at the end of the week for doing this.

Knowing the hard working cabin stewards, if you make it into a sofa in the morning, he or she will get the hint by the second day and do this for you. I would be inclined to offer a bit extra of a tip at the end of the week for doing this.

Great advice, thank you so much :-)

Sent from my tablet using Tapatalk HD.

Archived