Sofa Bed in Suite 575 sq ft Ryndam-comfort?

dkoitz

We will leaving on the Ryndam soon. How uncomfortable are the sofa beds in the Deluxe Verandah Suite? This is the room with 575 sq ft. We will be in room S008, deck 10, Navigation. Any info is much appreciated. We'll bring our twin blow up mattress if needed.

I can't comment on the Ryndam but I can on the Veendam and they were not comfortable in the least! We mentioned this to our cabin steward and they ended up putting the lounge cushions from our loungers under the "mattress" of the sofa sofa bed. Still not good:( All in all it's just to thin as opposed to a "regular mattress & box spring" IMO.

and take the guesswork out. Be sure to buy a good quality mattress, not the cheapies that sit on the end caps at places like Walmart and Target. Coleman makes decent ones that aren't too pricey.

I would not enjoy sleeping on those pull out beds in the "S" Suites but we see lots of them in use when we walk down the hall and stewards are cleaning the cabins...... lots of the pull out beds are clearly being used.

Many families put their teenagers on those beds and smaller children. Sometimes they will give you the foam crates. I guess teenage boys can sleep anywhere and through anything. The idea of a blow up mattress sounds good.

Ask the cabin attendant if there's any egg crate style foam mattress pads available. If so, have the attendant place 2 of those on stop of the mattress for some additional comfort. Most cruise ship have a small supply of them and are offered on a first come first serve basis. You might also think about adding that request to your booking and or contacting HAL's special needs department .

• 1 month later...

Just back from the Ryndam and my 14yr old daughter slept on the sofa bed. The 2 foam egg crate cushions did help. The sofa bed was still hard, but sleepable. She took some extra pillows and put them under her to get extra cushion. So if you have a suite sofa bed, I would suggest calling ship services and reserving 2 foam cushions as we did. We almost brought our twin blowup mattress, but didn't.

Just back from the Ryndam and my 14yr old daughter slept on the sofa bed. The 2 foam egg crate cushions did help. The sofa bed was still hard, but sleepable. She took some extra pillows and put them under her to get extra cushion. So if you have a suite sofa bed, I would suggest calling ship services and reserving 2 foam cushions as we did. We almost brought our twin blowup mattress, but didn't.

Thanks so much for coming back and reporting:D

Archived