New Sleep System on Carnival Ships?? Is it available on the Conquest?

sdwilson

On another website, I read a post about Carnival upgrading the mattresses on it's ship for a more comfortable sleep. Does anyone know if this is true? :confused: And, has it been added to the Conquest yet? I'll be sailing next month, I was hoping it would be available then, if this is indeed the case.

I have always thought the beds were uncomfortable on Carnival ships, this would be a plus for me, as I have back problems. I still sleep like a baby on a cruise, even with the old uncomfortable beds!:) Maybe, it's that I'm so tired by the time I get to use them, that I don't care!:D

We could all use a little added comfort.:)

NEW CARNIVAL COMFORT BED SLEEP SYSTEM

HIGHLIGHTS STATEROOM AMENITIES UPGRADES

MIAMI (May 31, 2005) — A new stateroom sleep system manufactured exclusively for Carnival Cruise Lines is the latest in a series of cabin amenity upgrades that are part of the “Today’s Carnival” fleetwide product enhancement program.

The Carnival Comfort Bed ensemble, including custom pillows, duvet and cover, pillowcases and mattress set, provides an unsurpassed level of lavishness in shipboard sleep accommodations. Introduction of the new bedding system, already on several ships, is ongoing and is expected to be implemented fleetwide by the end of the year.

Manufactured in Europe, the Carnival Comfort Bed features an eight-inch spring mattress designed exclusively for Carnival Cruise Lines. Completing the custom sleep system is a duvet made from 100 percent hypoallergenic down and sheets made of a high quality cotton blend. The duvet covers and pillowcases are of an ultra-fine, ring-spun, satin-striped cotton blend, creating a luxurious and comfortable sleep environment. The material is also highly durable for long-lasting use and attractiveness.

New Generation Pillows, made of non-allergenic micro fiber to create a fluffy, down-like consistency, will be featured in all staterooms. In suite accommodations a special "suite pillow menu" will offer guests the choice of a variety of different pillow types for their sleeping comfort, including a luxury goose down and a firm latex pillow.

“A restful, luxurious sleep is an important component of the vacation experience and we are extremely excited about this opportunity to brand a high-quality sleep system with the Carnival name,” said Bob Dickinson, Carnival president and CEO.

Among other stateroom upgrades that have been incorporated on Carnival’s ships are high-quality fluffy bath and hand towels, plush terrycloth bathrobes in all ocean view staterooms, in-shower soap and shampoo dispensers, and in-cabin amenities baskets containing a variety of name-brand product samples. Stainless steel ice buckets and attractively bound directories round out the new high-end feel of each stateroom.

“Over the past decade, we have enhanced nearly every aspect of the shipboard experience,” noted Dickinson. “As our guests have become more discerning, we have implemented these upgrades in our ongoing commitment to continue to exceed their expectations.”

When will this be implemented? This article says year-end, but a number of posts stated that it was already implemented on some ships?

Is the Conquest one of them?

I agree that if they do it they will do it during drydock. I didn't find anything wrong with the beds when we sailed her before and I'm sure I'll sleep like a baby again this next time. Then again - the ocean could lull me to sleep if I was laying on rocks.

I dont know about the conquest, but we really liked the upgraded beds on the Pride!!

We stayed in a suite and the bed was the best I have ever had on a cruise. Actually cost me money because when we got off the ship, the first thing my wife wanted to do was upgrade our bed at home to the same type of linens!!

We had a queen bed with tripple sheeting over a matress pad that was the equivelent of a fake down pad. It was covered with a hypo-alergenic down comforter. The bed was extremely comfortable!!! Now ours at home is too:o

Thanks for the link to the pther thread about this subject. I did not realize that a thread already existed.

It looks like they are being added to ships gradually. On the Conquest, word has it, that some cabins do and some cabins do not.

We sailed conquest in March with another couple. Our rooms were right next to each other. They had the new bedding, we did not. Maybe they are

gradually changing it over as the old needs replacing.

My cabin was one of the upgraded rooms and the Duvet was a great touch. The cabin steward put the bed and the couch bed together to make a king, but unfortunately they kept sliding away from each other causing an ever widening gap even with the new bedding.

PS the couch/bed was not an upgraded mattress so the height was different.

I've never sailed the Conquest but I have to say the beds on the Destiny, Legend and Triumph have been the most comfortable beds we've had on any ship or any line. I also have a very bad back with surgeries, so if I can get comfortable, anyone can.

Beth

You could never tell you had any problems--couped up for 3 days in the back seat of a midget car on 3 islands, doing all kinds of dance moves all over the floor, up until the wee hours!

Very good to see "nosnobunny" back.;)

Wouldn't know of any problems--you're a trouper==back seat of an economy car for 3 days on 3 islands; all kind of dance moves all over the floor; up until the wee hours hitting it with the best of us.

Glad to see "nosnobunny" back!;)

My parents just got home yestersday from aboard the Conquest!! Mom said that new mattresses were not in any of three cabins occupied by my family members. They were on the Veranda deck, in the aft cabins.:mad: She said their were very uncomfortable.

She did say that at Debarkation , there were mattresses being loaded on to the ship...So, maybe by my sailing on July 17th, we will have new ones!!!:)

We were on the Conquest on 5/22 in a Verandah aft balcony. One of our mattresses was very sunken. My DH complained and we promptly received two brand new mattresses. I saw at least one other room having mattresses switched out and they were indeed loading many new ones when we returned to port on 5/29.

Nancy- I told my mom to tell the room steward about her bad mattress and it would be switched out, like your was...I wish she had done that after she talked to me, that way it wouldn't been so uncomfortable for her the whole trip. I think she just didn't want to complain...but a good night's sleep is important on a cruise.

They did have the duvet covers and pillows, just no new matresses.

Cabin # 9246 Lido Deck Balcony- Does it have the new matresses???

Archived