Transportation and Hotel?

designgirl

A complete newbie here and I love all the info I am getting here. So I have a question about where to stay and how to get to the port.

Husband and I are cruising Liberty in April and most likely to fly into Fort Lauderdale on Southwest. They have the most reasonable flight times for us in Idaho.

Is it better to drive/shuttle to Miami and stay there or stay in FLL and drive/shuttle to the port in the morning?

Where is a reasonable (< $100/night) place to stay?and is there anywhere that has free shuttle to the port, possibly with breakfast?

When I have flown into FLL for a cruise from Miami, I stay overnight at a hotel near FLL airport and then go back to the airport the morning of the cruise by airport shuttle, and take the shuttle to the port. You can either take the Carnival shuttle or SAS runs private shuttles for $15 a person which is quite reasonable. I usually book my hotels on hotwire dot com and just look for one with a free airport shuttle and a high approval rate by prior customers. I haven't gone wrong yet. Good luck!

There are NO hotels you want to stay at in downtown Miami for under $100 :o -- better to stay near FLL and shuttle to POM the next day. www.sunny.org provides info on most FLL area hotels.

Check out these favorites often suggested by others on these boards for inexpensive FLL rooms:

Some of CC members favorites:

Sleep Inn Dania

Cambria Suites Dania

Hampton Inn (2 airport area locations)

Holiday Inn Express convention center

La Quinta Airport

QLS transportation (www.qualitylimoservice.com ), SAS (www.ridesas.com) and Go Airport Shuttle (http://goairportshuttle.com/) are FLL based shuttle services with prices starting at $15+ per person each way.

Good luck! :)

Archived