Flight after cruise.. what time?

JettaGirl

Hello everyone. I am sailing on the Caribbean Princess in August and I am looking into booking our flight after the cruise. The ship arrives in port at 7 am.

What is the SAFEST earliest flight we can book going out of Ft. Lauderdale. I know the airport is really close to the pier. There is a 12:06 pm flight available. Would I be able to catch this flight or would I be cutting it close??

Thank you for any informaiton you can give me!

You should be fine with a noon flight, as long as the ship gets to the pier as scheduled.

The earliest flight I have taken from Ft Lauderdale was about 10:40am, and I had NO problems at all. (Although I recommend 11am or later).

Noon is a great time to fly out of Fort Lauderdale. You can get checked in and still have time for lunch (usually) before you board your flight. We have actually had flights as early as 11:15 before and not had a problem so I would grab that one up.

This past April we had a 10:30 flight.We were the first ones called off the ship around 8:30 and were at the airport around 9,in plenty of time for the flight.It was a TUesday, though, and only one other ship in port.With the early flights they let you off early.

I just had to register and reply to your question. We recently cruised the Carib. Princess and nearly missed our flight and it was for 11:30am. Princess didn't get us to the airport until 10:30 and we were the second group to get off of the ship. We were still in the security line at Ft. Lauderdale at 11:05 and there were actually people behind us that missed their 10:30 flight because princess didn't get them there in time. Although, it was a holiday weekend and the airports were a little busier. I'd opt for the 12:30 flight if I were you. This may help eliviate any unnecessary stress.

BTW, we loved our cruise just wish the stress of almost missing the flight wouldn't have happened.

Perhaps you should opt to take a taxi from the ship to the airport so that you don't get stuck waiting for Princess to fill a bus..Sometimes you are sitting on a bus for a long time waiting for it to fill up. Also take into account that bad weather might delay your return to port, or sometimes someone is ill and the ship makes a detour to offload them.. That also causes a delay to port sometimes...All in all, 12:06 should be fine but I agree with the previous poster that a little later might give you less headaches...Why not ask your TA for an opinion?pj

In November we were at the FLL airport by 9:30am for an 11:15 flight-used a taxi. The problem comes going thru security. They started getting people out of the security line that had noon flights and sent them thru a shorter line. I don't think I'd try 11:15 again. But noon should be good.

Archived