Carnival Imagination 4 day Jan 28 to Feb 4 th.

BenjiRodney

This will be mainly a brief picture review of our fantastic trip on the Carnival Imagination Miami-Key West-Cozumel.

We flew from WV to FLL one day prior and arranged for Go Airport Shuttle to take us to the Avalon hotel in South Beach. We used Hotels.com points to pay for the room. I flew on USAirways using ff miles and partner flew Delta with a travel voucher we arrived within minutes of each other.

We were the first ones dropped off in Miami, check into our semi ocean view room and set out to explore. We grabbed dinner at one of the side walk cafes and it was nice to be sitting outside in January at night.

After some walking and a couple of drinks we decided to call it a night and wait for morning and the cruise day to begin.

Monday Jan 28, we got up early and had the free breakfast at the hotel and had about an hour to kill before it was necessary to grab a cab over to the port. I wanted to be in a cab by 1030 am to try to beat some of the rush and I had purchased the Faster to the Fun program. I can say it was so worth the $50, to me anyway. I have already purchased it for May on the Carnival Paradise out of Tampa.

The cab ride to the port was 18.50 from South Beach and took maybe 15 minutes. We were dropped off, the porter took our bags, placed another FTTF sticker on the handle and directed us to check in area. A lady scanned the boarding pass and walked us past the line that had gathered to the front and we were immediately processed in and directed to security. From security we were directed up stairs to get our S and S card, again to a special FTTF line and we had our cards less than 10 minutes from the street to the seat in the waiting area. The last group of people were debar king the ship and we were to.d it would be less than 10 minutes to boarding.

I like the fact that they take your picture at check in now in Miami rather than when you get on the boat as this tends to slow things down.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360083216.355937.jpg.d589ab3e3f847798bda8380abac8324d.jpg

This was a shot of the sun peeking through while we were docking at the Westin Pier in Key West, I would have like to have had more time here 7-1 is not a lot of time when you have not been here before, so I will need to schedule another trip or cruise with a longer stop here.

We had a private excursion booked for 9-1030, but due to a sickness and mechanical issue it. Was cancelled. I really think it was cancelled because only the 4 of us had booked it. They could not do credit card refunds and offered an 11 am tour, it would cut it close but we said ok as we wanted to see the city and take e "Duck" ride through the harbor.

[ATTACH]259591[/ATTACH]

The only thing I would complain about today would be the long lines. Since it is a port day, no Breakfast and Lunch in the MDR so e lines on Lido were LONG. Then trying to get off the ship they wrapped you down deck 4 around the other side and then finally decided to open up another way off the ship. So we jumped in that line and go off to go find our tour, we booked the Ancient Culture/Mayan Ruins/Island Sightseeing tour through the ship.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360094706.457841.jpg.8a0f9cb61ec3bcf567ced24507f036ce.jpg

This is the site of the Ruins we were taken to. Mike our guide waled us through to many of the sites and explained them to us. He even let us take shelter under one during a brief down pour. This was the only time it rained while we were on land. They are doing a great job at trying to save the site and it was nice to walk where the Mayans did many many years ago. There were a few places that you could climb up on, but most were being protected.

We then proceeded from the ruins to the Eastern undeveloped side of the Island. You could see what used to be power lines, Mike told us that after Hurricane Wilma, the govt decided not to rebuild the water and power to the area. The few places the reopened bring in ice and water, use solar power and propane or gas to get by. It was about 6 pm when we got back to the port and decided to grab dinner before looking around the stores. Mike told us to take our name tags from the tour to Three Amigos for a free margarita.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360096658.518289.jpg.93a89f9680f7138a5352db879182ff86.jpg

The free ones were not this size.

Archived