Does It Bother You?

kingsgirl

To speed things up, the most popular choices are put in the middle where your eye goes first. with more obscure selections around the border. And yes, in a perfect world JD would be smack dab in the center...

Yes! I like things nice and orderly - preferably in alphabetical order. Luckily the things I like seem to be grouped near each other so if I can find one I'll find the other.

Marketing probably researched the daylights out of the placements. Contrary to what some may think, they did not take a bunch of caps, throw them up in the air, and then go with however they landed.:D These kind of things are not taken lightly by marketing people.

Marketing probably researched the daylights out of the placements. Contrary to what some may think, they did not take a bunch of caps, throw them up in the air, and then go with however they landed.:D These kind of things are not taken lightly by marketing people.

You mean they don't do things to just stir the pot on CC? :confused:

Doesn't bother me near as much as a Title that provides no clue to the subject and a first post that is just as informative.

Would the OP care to explain the picture subject?

It appears to be of part of some sort of machine. Judging by the logos it may be a machine related to beverages. Perhaps a dispenser of some sort? Cans? Bottles? Post-mix?

Given that the thread appears in the RCI section, can one presume this device(?) is on a ship? More than one ship? All OTS ships?

Or perhaps it's simply a piece of art?

Does RCI decommission these machines during Noro lock-down? For those fortunate enough to NOT know, when Norovirus gets above a certain small percentage of the people on board, you are no longer allowed to serve yourself anything in the buffet, nor handle a salt shaker in the dining room, etc. That machine that you are touching, has been touched MANY times by people who each and every one has carefully washed their hands since being in the pool, playing on the arcade games, etc [yeah - right:mad:]. Thanks, RCI, for the new and improved way to spread disease.:eek:

I had no idea I had such a great life!

How miserable it must be to have something as trivial as the Freestyle Soda Machine on a CRUISE SHIP make you crazy!

But for what it's worth - thanks for the photo.

I didn't know you could get ginger ale out of it! :D

Ann

Does RCI decommission these machines during Noro lock-down? For those fortunate enough to NOT know, when Norovirus gets above a certain small percentage of the people on board, you are no longer allowed to serve yourself anything in the buffet, nor handle a salt shaker in the dining room, etc. That machine that you are touching, has been touched MANY times by people who each and every one has carefully washed their hands since being in the pool, playing on the arcade games, etc [yeah - right:mad:]. Thanks, RCI, for the new and improved way to spread disease.:eek:

As long as I get my Fanta Zero I'll take the risk !!

What bothers me is that they found another way to cut back on service.
But pretty sure there is still a 15% gratuity on the soda package necessary to use the machine.

I wonder how many family members back home the Coke machine is supporting with the gratuities it gets?:confused:

Thom

No, the only way to use these new Freestyle machines is to get the soda package. With that package you get the insulated mug which has a special chip in the bottom to operate these machines. Haven't tried it myself yet, but my son probably will on our next cruise.

Thanks for explaining. I did mean the soda package in my post. In Pittsburgh we say "Pop". Thanks again.

Carol

Archived