Carnival Legend - Questions!

jen1016

I am curious about two things:

1 - Bringing a hair straightner on the ship, I see that it is allowed, however has anyone heard about them shorting out? I was meeting up with people last night that have cruised before on a Carnival Ship and the woman said her's got fried last year when she plugged it in - so cautioned us all about bringing one.

Has anyone been on this ship recently with any issues?

2 - Shows in the evening - we have late seating, there is approx a group of 30 of us. The TA was saying last night where we can meet after dinner for the shows - I have read a few reviews over the last little while on this forum, and people have been talking about going to the shows BEFORE dinner if they have late seating for dinner - can someone please comment on that?

Thank you :) !!!

I am curious about two things:

1 - Bringing a hair straightner on the ship, I see that it is allowed, however has anyone heard about them shorting out? I was meeting up with people last night that have cruised before on a Carnival Ship and the woman said her's got fried last year when she plugged it in - so cautioned us all about bringing one.

Has anyone been on this ship recently with any issues?

2 - Shows in the evening - we have late seating, there is approx a group of 30 of us. The TA was saying last night where we can meet after dinner for the shows - I have read a few reviews over the last little while on this forum, and people have been talking about going to the shows BEFORE dinner if they have late seating for dinner - can someone please comment on that?

Thank you :) !!!

Your question regarding the hair straightener seems to be more home port specific than ship related. Their (Carnival) and regs regarding electronic appliances (the concern is fire) seems to flucuate via home port. I am sure some people here that sail out of Tampa can comment on that.

Your second question about shows, varies as well. Sometimes the main show for alte seating is before donner and sometimes it is after. I am not sure of the rationale for why and when. What sailing are you on?

I brought my Chi flat iron on my recent 1/27 Legend cruise and had no problems whatsoever. I did, however, double check to make sure my cord was in good condition before I sailed. Also, I don't wind the cord around the iron as that is what can damage the cord fast. If you do wrap - do it very loosely.

Wife and daughter bring their straighteners all the time with no problem. We cruise on Legend the past two summers. We love Legend. Probably one of the easiest ships to navigate around in that I have been on. Most inside public areas are confined to two decks. Very easy.

I was just on the Jan 27 sailing of the Legend:

1. I took my Chi hair straightener and it sat out on the counter the entire time. I had no issues with it at all, worked great. Also, further to the comment above, I agree, don't use the plug ins in the bathroom, use a regular plug in out in the room. Most of the time the plug ins in the bathroom are for razors only.

2. We had late dining and in most cases we had to go to the early show in order to see it. For example, the show for late dining would be at 7 and we would go to supper at 8. There were lots of adult only comedy shows later at night though, after supper.

Archived