Crown Princess from Galveston - Lengthy review

DrSch

• 4 weeks later...

Sailing on the Crown Princess next week out of Galveston. Just wondering if anybody knows if the television screens in the staterooms happen to have an HDMI cable input. Asking because I have a cable at home that allows me to play movies from my iPad through the HDMI port on my television screen. Thanks.

Sailing on the Crown Princess next week out of Galveston. Just wondering if anybody knows if the television screens in the staterooms happen to have an HDMI cable input. Asking because I have a cable at home that allows me to play movies from my iPad through the HDMI port on my television screen. Thanks.

To get a response, you should probably ask this question as a new tread topic.

This is an old thread and not many people are going to look at it anymore.

It is unfortunate because it sounds as if you were unhappy w/numerous things on your cruise. We went on the same cruise over Christmas, and loved it. Thought the boat looked lovely, and the crew friendly and helpful (as always). Odd you had such a negative impression of Cruise Director Lisa Ball. While we do not get involved in any of the Cruise Staff activities, we met Lisa several times walking about and at the shows. In fact, over the years, we have been on several cruises where she was the Cruise Director. Every time, she was ALWAYS friendly and helpful, with a smile on her face. We would be very unhappy if she was not with Princess any longer.

Here is a different viewpoint of cruise director Lisa Ball. We were on the Crown 1/4-12/13. She attended the CC M&G in Skywalkers and I think she stayed 30-45 minutes and interacted with all present. I often saw her on the promenade deck stopping to talk with passengers at length. We would arrive early for the shows in the Princess Theatre and would see her taking her time (she too arrived early) to walk around many of the aisles to shake hands with passengers and spent time talking with them. We had the opportunity to visit with her on 2 occasions other than the M&G and she was lovely and personable. We found her refreshing compared to most of the other CDs we've encountered in the past just because we actually saw her around the ship vs. only when introducing the acts in the Princess theatre. In our opinion, it felt like the 'old days' of Princess when the staff would get to know you (or at least act as if you were old friends), which is very welcoming. We were so impressed with her that we thanked her for being so visible and for talking with the passengers.

Just thought some might like to hear this.

I pretty much agree with the rest of the review of the Crown: food adequate but not wonderful; steward OK but not too personable; ship clean and functional. Did the Ultimate Ship's Tour and that was GREAT!!

We were also on the January 5th Crown Princess cruise and had a similar positive experience of Lisa Ball. She was outgoing, personable, always cheerful, and very easy to talk with.

We too had occasion to talk with Lisa at our Meet & Greet and also before ballroom dance classes. She is friendly, sociable, and approachable.

We hope to see her again on our upcoming Crown Princess cruise, as we would rate her highly among the Princess Cruise Directors.

Regarding our cabin steward - he did a great job, was friendly, but certainly busy with 19 cabins to service!

We just got off the Crown Saturday. The weather was great with the only rain late at night. We did the Tulum excursion with Princess and had a lot of fun. We boarded the chartered ferry right after arriving in port and returned about 15 minutes before the departure time. Since we were on a Princess excursion, no worries at all with this. I went cave tubing and zip line with cave-tubing dot com in Belize. I had done it before with them and they were as good as ever.

The food was normal for Princess as was the entertainment and bands. We loved SolPlay and spent several nights listening to them in either the Explorers or Fusion.

The CD as has been discussed is Lisa. We did see her on TV morning show and did see her at the three theater shows we went to. Other than that we did not see her around the ship. We always arrived at least 30 minutes early for the shows to get a seat in the first 10 rows and never saw her. In short we were not impressed and it did seem she needed to find other employment. The assistant CD Dan was absolutely funny. He is from England and several of us decided he reminded us of Mr Bean in this mannerisms and dry humor. We saw him all over the ship and every night at the music venues. He made the marriage show and had us all rolling in the aisles laughing. IMO he needed to replace Lisa as the CD now.

• 3 months later...

We just got off the Crown and Lisa and her team were excellent. The best we have had in 20 cruises. We saw her at various times around the ship and also in the Princess theatre before the shows talking to passengers.

Julie

Archived